WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

When installing new Wemo light switch, app spins endlessly at "Opening connection..."

I've seen simiar threads on this, but didn't find any resolution in them that fixes my situation.  Not sure if new message is proper path to follow.

I'm in process of installing 6 wemo light switches.  5 of them set up fine; one I am not able to make progress with.  Also two of the successful installations is in the same 5-gang box as the problematic one.

After I reset the switch, it blinks amber.  I am able to connect to its WeMo.Light.xyz wifi, I navigate back to the WeMo app, and I see the following:

A spinning icon and an 'Opening connection' message and the app never proceeds further.

I have tried (most multiple times):

- restarting the light switch

- reset the light switch to factory defaults (using article below)

- deleting and reinstalling the wemo app

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8183

Re: When installing new Wemo light switch, app spins endlessly at "Opening connection..."

@bfachner wrote:

I've seen simiar threads on this, but didn't find any resolution in them that fixes my situation.  Not sure if new message is proper path to follow.

I'm in process of installing 6 wemo light switches.  5 of them set up fine; one I am not able to make progress with.  Also two of the successful installations is in the same 5-gang box as the problematic one.

After I reset the switch, it blinks amber.  I am able to connect to its WeMo.Light.xyz wifi, I navigate back to the WeMo app, and I see the following:

A spinning icon and an 'Opening connection' message and the app never proceeds further.

I have tried (most multiple times):

- restarting the light switch

- reset the light switch to factory defaults (using article below)

- deleting and reinstalling the wemo app

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8183

How about using a different handheld device with an updated app? If the issue still persist, try to reboot the router to isolate the issue.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Re: When installing new Wemo light switch, app spins endlessly at "Opening connection..."

Thanks for the response.

I have now tried on 3 iOS devices both before and after rebooting my router.

That switch is not yet on my wifi network I would think since it hasn't been through setup?

@bfachner wrote:

Thanks for the response.

I have now tried on 3 iOS devices both before and after rebooting my router.

That switch is not yet on my wifi network I would think since it hasn't been through setup?

Alright. Let's try to restore it again and if the Wemo Light Switch is not responding to the Restart button, turn Off the circuit breaker and then turn it back on. After, immediately press and hold the Reset button for 5 seconds (the icon will blink orange rapidly, indicating a successful restore and it will take about 90 seconds to perform the restoration).  It will begin to alternate between green and orange when ready to set up.

If the issue still persists, please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance along with the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Thank you, I attempted what was described but it was not successful.

I will email WemoCares@belkin.com

I never did receive rapid orange blinking; the switch would blink green and would eventually transition to orange/green blinking