WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: When will Amazon Echo work with the WEMO Light Bulbs?

I purchased these bulbs and the hub at Christmastime, assuming that since the insight switch and the wall switches worked, and both Wemo AND Amazon were just throwing out the flat statement that "Wemo devices now work with Amazon Echo" that it'd be fine. Not true at all - it almost feels like Belkin has abandoned this product in favor of the wall and insight switches. General "it's coming in the future" statements are of little comfort - unless specifics can be discussed, I'll probably be looking to LIFX or Hue for my connected bulbs - at least they're actively developing support. Smiley Sad

rev

You can at least do these with Triggers fomr IFTTT.

"Alexa Trigger living room lights on" for example and your WeMo bulb will fire... Once you connect Alexa and Wemo to IFTTT.

.rev

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4809596355.png

You can control these bulbs with alexa using IFTTT app easy to set up

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I understand that guys - I'm not a technophobe, n00b or a ludite. I have them hooked up to IFTTT, and have since the moment I discovered that Wemo decided (for reasons that have never been explained) to directly support the Echo with some of their lighting products, but not this one.

My problem isn't that there isn't a (decidedly inferior) solution. My problem is with Wemo's lack of communication about this problem, and their abandonment of their most modular, accessible and easily implemented lighting solution.

However, I DID find a better solution: Yonomi (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yonomi/id991840741?mt=8). Similar to IFTTT, but it allows you create "routines" that can then be discovered as smart home devices in the Alexa app. No more "trigger"!!

I don't understand how a serious IoT player can appear to ignore such a fundamental feature for use with a device (Amazon Echo) which has incredible popularity.

Is the Amazon Echo not sufficiently successful for the Belkin Marketing Team to bother?

Is it technically impossible or too difficult to justify the development cost?

For me it is like having an incomplete product.  I do use IFTTT and yet I find it is annoying to have to remember the 'Trigger' for certain devices (I use other IoT lights too which don't require IFTTT) and the delay due to Internet service latency can be significant at times.

I apologize if I've missed an official explanation because at the very minimum I'd like to understand clearly why Wemo light bulbs are not more seamlessly integrated with the Amazon Echo, whether it is being considered by Belkin and if so, when this feature may be delivered.

Lifx bulbs work flawlessly with Alexa

If and only if your Wemo Link works (mine doesn't)

Belkin, we're still waiting for the LED bulbs to support Echo...

Echo Dot, Gen 2 is coming and it looks really nice:

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Echo-Dot-2nd-Generation/dp/B015TJD0Y4?th=1