WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wifi Setup network broadcasting constantly

The latest firmware fix the issue.

WeMo_WW_2.00.11326.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

I've got the latest firmware installed and so far it looks like the issue was successfully fixed.  I've tried a few combinations of cutting the power to the devices, cutting power to the router, rebooting the router, etc and haven't been able get the setup networks to remain active.

Thank you for fixing the issue.  In the future please take issues like this more seriously, and don't tell people they are safe when you don't actually know that for sure.  Without the post from zodo123 on the 16th this issue would probably still exist for months to come and people would still be believing they aren't vulnerable.

I don't see that firmware.  I have WeMo_WW_2.00.11299.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2, and on iOS it says no new firmware is available.  On Android I hit a bug from another thread where it wants to "upgrade" my firmware to version 11143.  This is crazy and causes the Wemo to need to be reset.

Highlighted

11326 did eventually come through. Android still wants to switch me back to 11143, but iOS is happy.

I am experiencing the same issue as everyone else.  My wemo mini switches are broadcasting WiFi even though they are connected.  Firmware version WeMo_WW_2.00_11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2.  When I try and update the firmware I get a message saying "We are unable to Check for a Firmware Update".  Awesome.....

GET YOUR  S-H-I-T  TOGETHER WEMO

Hello@ RonJ103. Have you tried using another handheld device and trigger the firmware update from there? You can also try these workarounds. Let us know how it went afterward:

• Power cycle the router.
  • Deleting/reinstalling the Wemo app.
  • Reset and reconfigure the Wemo devices using the app following this link for instructions on how to do it.

Rowena_B 22017

WEMO Technical Support Team

@RonJ103 wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue as everyone else.  My wemo mini switches are broadcasting WiFi even though they are connected.  Firmware version WeMo_WW_2.00_11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2.  When I try and update the firmware I get a message saying "We are unable to Check for a Firmware Update".  Awesome.....

If you are trying to update with Android, there is a different bug preventing the latest firmware from installing.  See this thread: http://community.wemo.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/Bad-firmware-update-turns-lights-off-within-seconds/td-p/...

The only workaround for that bug is to use an iOS device (iphone/ipad) to check for updates.  That worked for me.

@rowena_b wrote:

Hello@ RonJ103. Have you tried using another handheld device and trigger the firmware update from there? You can also try these workarounds. Let us know how it went afterward:

• Power cycle the router.
  • Deleting/reinstalling the Wemo app.
  • Reset and reconfigure the Wemo devices using the app following this link for instructions on how to do it.

Rowena_B 22017

WEMO Technical Support Team

I was able to update the firmware to 1143 using my wife's android phone.  My android phone would not work.  The mini-switches are still broadcasting their WiFi info.