WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

demo mini problems

i have 5 wemo mini switches and 4 wemo light switchs. i have had so many issues with the wemo mini's. this mornig i got up, i could see and control my switches with the wemo app, but my homekit app shows all 5 as no response. i went as far to unplug my wemo hub, alow for 30 seconds, then plugged back in. it reconnected to all my light switches, but none of my wemo mini plugs.

i have spent over $500 on wemo products, only to have to trouble shoot them every few days. i'm just about ready to through in the towel and get rid of the lot of it, and start over with something else. 

unless it did a software update on its own, i didn't accept one. i cant figure out why it all the mini's would quit working at once with the wemo hub. 

Re: demo mini problems

Please make sure the Home App is updated. Also, try to force close it and let us know if the issue still persists.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I have made sure that I have the latest WeMo app on all devices.
Have checked to make sure all minis using the same firmware.
Have unplugged the WeMo hub, waited and then plugged in.
Two of the minis have been recognized in HomeKit app. Three of them are still showing no response.
Interesting though is if I ask Siri to turn them on it does, but replies the device is not responding.
All the rules/scenes in HomeKit are working, but I can’t use the icons in home app to turn off or on. They still show no response.
I can’t count on these switches when I’m not at home to be able to be remotely controlled.
I use them to turn on my espresso machine, turn on custom led light strips that are used for under cabinet lighting, and toe kick lighting that double as night lights triggered by a motion sensor in multiple rooms. And to control room fans that everyone forgets to turn off.
All switches an minis show as working in the WeMo app, but I bought the hub to make them work with the HomeKit app.

Smokin-pig Please try to power cycle the Wemo Mini that are showing No Response from the Homekit App. If it'll show as Not Detected or won't appear from the Wemo App after power cycling, follow the steps in this article. Let us know the progress.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

I power cycled the minis that were not working. Then this afternoon we lost power. Now all minis are offline, they are blinking orange/white pulled them all out let them stay out for about 1/2 hour then plugged back in. Still not connecting to the WeMo hub or router. Going to leave them plugged in overnight and see if they come back online. As a side note the two WeMo light switches light switches did come back online pretty quickly.
My iHome switches also came back online, as well as all my lutron dimmers.

@Smokin-pig wrote:
I power cycled the minis that were not working. Then this afternoon we lost power. Now all minis are offline, they are blinking orange/white pulled them all out let them stay out for about 1/2 hour then plugged back in. Still not connecting to the WeMo hub or router. Going to leave them plugged in overnight and see if they come back online. As a side note the two WeMo light switches light switches did come back online pretty quickly.
My iHome switches also came back online, as well as all my lutron dimmers.

Alright, Smokin-pig. Observe the outcome when you have it plugged overnight. If the issue still persists, send us an email with your contact details, and the link on this thread so we can have our escalation engineers assist you further.

• Username
  • Contact number
  • Link on this post
Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

So today I come home after work, none of my mini’s or light switches are working in HomeKit. Reset the hub and only two of the mini’s are working. For something that was supposed to make my life easier, this just raising my blood pressure

@Smokin-pig Let's get this case over to our Escalation Engineers so they can run further diagnosis on this case. Please email us on the email address provided above together with the necessary info. We'll wait for it. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support