WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

dimmer + 3 led: works | dimmer + 5 led: not working

[ Edited ]

I have a dimmable 5 bulb light fixture that requires five 60 W E12 light bulbs. https://www.allmodern.com/lighting/pdp/bautista-5-light-chandelier-wrlo7386.html

I purchased Ecosmart  (1002 914 634) B11 candelabra base 60W (equiv.) LED bulbs, 120V, 5.5 watt, 2700k.

When I put three bulbs regardless of their location out of 5 sockets, the dimmer works though the range of brightness is somewhat limited. But as soon as I add 4th bulb, all of the light's brighness go straight up to 100%. This is not getting brighter by adding more bulb. The dimmer level on wemo doesn't change the brighness as it did for 3 bulbs.

Would it be the bulbs to blame or the wemo?

---

update:

I have tried Ecosmart 40W (equiv.) dimmable bulb - but now it works only when four bulbs are installed. As soon as I add 5th bulb the dimmer goes back to unresponsive - it goes straight to maximum brightness regardless of the level on the dimmer switch.

Please someone advise.. Moderator or anyone? 

Highlighted

Re: dimmer + 3 led: works | dimmer + 5 led: not working

Hi sbaek,

The Wemo Dimmer's maximum output wattage support for the LED bulbs is 150W. Although it worked for 4 bulbs, we do not recommend it for safety purposes. It's best if you can use a dimmer that can handle the more than 150W or the requirements of 5 bulbs.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Re: dimmer + 3 led: works | dimmer + 5 led: not working

After all, it was the light bulb.

Neither 40W nor 60W Ecosmart doesn't work, but Philips bulb does.

Can't find workable bulb

Mentioned Phillips bulb which number?

Having trouble locating a workable dimmer bulb. Looking for 60W equivalent (about 8-9W). Have tried Ecosmart (1001 370 384) and Great Value.

Thanks in advance for your help.