WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

insight - no new firmware? cant access homekit apple?

Hi, 

few months ago i get email notify about wemo insight switch control without bridge... i have few insights... and i have firmware 

WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-Insight

and there is NO updates avaiable.... but i cannot add it to homekit... 

i go settings, connect to apple home app and im in the correct wifi and i see "get started" or open homeapp...

openhome app opens normal iphone homekit software and i cannot add there wemo and get started button opens screen with info about possibility to connect via bridge or with insight or dimmer... and there is info "when firmware will be avaiable it will be possible.... smth like that..."

any idea why i cannot use my insight with wemo?

Re: insight - no new firmware? cant access homekit apple?

Hello @pavka. Do you mean to say that you'd like to connect your Wemo Insight directly to the Apple HomeKit App without the Wemo Bridge? If yes, then please know that you need a Wemo bridge for you to be able to integrate your Wemo device through the HomeKit App.

However, if you have a Wemo Mini or a Wemo Dimmer, then yes. You can set up both devices through the HomeKit without the Wemo Bridge.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I am having this same prolem.  I have reset wemo mini, deleted both home and wemo apps.. 

but it will not allow me to add my Wemo 1st gen plug to the homekit.

Highlighted

@mrbarcodeguy

Did you already update the firmware of the Mini to version 2.00.11143? If you've already done that, send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your phone number, location, community username, and the link to this post for reference. We'll have our Support Team check on your case further.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support