WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

net cam blinking amber

I just set up a 2nd netcam (bedroom) and it was working fine for the first few days.  But I had issues this morning when I tried to turn it on before leaving.  The wi-fi light is blinking amber and it says the camera is offline.  The first camera (front room) is online and I can view that one.  I tried turning the bedroom netcam off and on and also tried turning the wi-fi off and on with no luck.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you in advance

Re: net cam blinking amber

@illinigirl3

What's the exact model # of your NetCam? Also, have you tried resetting it? If not, update us if it'll make any difference. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same issue. Lights are blinking on one of my cams, other 6 are working fine. Tried unplugging it and the tried a reset. No help. It's a model F7D7606v1

Expert

Hi, unowho6. How far is your netcam from the router? When you reset it to Factory Default, were you able to reconfigure it? Try to reset it again, relocate the Netcam nearer to the router temporarily and reconfigure it from there.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Tried the factory reset again and this time it worked and I reconfigured it successfully. Now my 2nd issue. I also have a WeMo light switch and 2 plugs. The plugs disappeared from the app on my IPad although they were still visible and working from my IPhone and my wife's iPad. I deleted and reinstalled the WeMo app on my iPad thinking I could just log in to my account but it isn't offering that option. It just wants me to start installing devices. Is the a way to just get to a log in page of the app?

Thanks much

Expert

Once the iPad is connected to the 2.4 GHz network of your router to which your Wemo devices are connected, it should automatically show the Wemo devices on its list. What's the make and model of your router? Is it dual-band?

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Router is a Hitron model CGNM-2250, dual band. I have 2 iPhones and 4 iPads. After doing the initial setups on 1 iPad the app saw all the devices on the other iPads and phones. Just this one doesn't. No offer to login, just wants to select and set up a new device.

Hi, unowho6

Try uninstalling the Wemo app from the affected iPad and restart the device itself. Once it's back and running, install the Wemo app again.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

I did a factory reset and everything is working fine again.  Thank you.

I tried that again. Removed the app, restarted the iPad and then reinstalled the app. Same as before, when I open the app it just wants to know what I would like to install. Doesn't see any of my devices or offer a login option.