WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

unable to set up

after many months of trouble free operation my wemo maker decided to lose its remote access. (4G)

thinking a reset would solve the problem I reset the maker using the button. (and the app and turned off )

Unfortunately after several hours of hard and soft resets, rebooting the router, clearing cache , reinstalling the app ( several times) including rebooting my phone.

I'm at a loss as to whats changed. I no longer can get any wemo devices to set up .

I can connect to the devices and operate them but the setup never gets past this point so get no prompts to connect to wifi etc.

The devices just sit there flashing orange and green or orange and blue - stuck in setup.

A new feature is "connected to <unknown ssid>> when starting the app.

There have been issues in the past with new app versions and android versions.  As different make phones get android updates at different times could I be experiencing a problem with Android 8.1.0 and Wemo 1.22. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this out of the blue ? I think the new "connected to <unknown ssid>> message points to an update causing the problem ? as it has always displayed the name of the SSID and indeed always completed the set up .

Re: unable to set up

@robesc

You've already tried enough isolation. If the same thing happens when you use another handheld device on setting it up and followed all the steps in this link, let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this further. Please send us an email to WemoCares@belkin.com along with following details so they can better assist:

• Full name. 
  • Phone number and Location - City or State.
  • Community Username.
  • The link to this thread for easy reference.
Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Re: unable to set up

Ah all back to normal ???????? no longer getting the <<unknown SSID>> set up now fully working. Remote access restored.

If I was a cynic I'd say some sort of patch has been rolled out :-) but only you guys would know that.

Luckly I didn't smash all my devices with a hammer - came very very close. So solution on my end was try everything, raise a problem on the forum , wait 24 hours then try again.and voila it all works again. Case closed.