WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

wemo dimmer stop working

my dimmer stop working it lights up but wont turn lights on or off.

Expert

Re: wemo dimmer stop working

Hi, warchild119. Did you notice any incident that might've caused this to happen? Make sure that the bulb is securely plugged into the socket. You can also isolate things further by using another compatible bulb and check if the same thing happens.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

the bulb is fine. i switch the dimmer with another wemo dimmer that i was using in my living room and is working fine.i connected the defective switch in the living room and nothing happens.you could press the switch and it looks like its working but no power is sent to the bulb.

@warchild119: We suggest that you reboot and restore the Wemo Dimmer. This link will help you how.

If the issue persists even after resetting it, e-mail us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers conduct a further diagnosis:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Thread (for our reference):

We look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I am having the same issue

I am also having the same issue as well.

We'll have our Escalation Engineers check on your case for further assistance, Rafa2337. Please keep your lines open as they'll be in touch with you within 24-48 business hours.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I think I have the same problem.. Worked great for 3 weeks and no issues. Came home tonight and it would not turn on or off, power to the switch, lights are dimmable. Just not turning on. Any fix?

@JohnShea

Can you share with us the workarounds you've done on the WEMO Dimmer? Is it running on the latest firmware? Are you still able to turn the lights On and Off by toggling its physical button?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

No nothing works.

Ive reset and reinstalled both the switch from the wall and the app. Turned breaks on and off. Reset my wifi and router. Reset the switch useing the buttons on the switch. Deleted device and reinstalled. All unsuccessful. I have power to the switch, and can her a click when I attempted to turn on the lights but it doesn't turn the lights actually on. I put back the old switch and it lights without a problem. So its something with the wemo.