WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: wemo dimmer stop working

I have the regular wemo switch (not dimming) in 3 other parts of my house that work still. Just the dimmer one stopped. I did the firmware update also.

I have the regular wemo switch non dimming in 3 other parts of my house that work still. Just the dimmer one stopped. I did the fireware

@JohnShea wrote:
I have the regular wemo switch (not dimming) in 3 other parts of my house that work still. Just the dimmer one stopped. I did the firmware update also.

Let's have our escalation engineers look into this and give you further assistance, JohnShea. Email us your contact details along with the link on this thread at WemoCares@belkin.com.

• Username
  • Contact number
  • FW version of the Wemo Device
Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Okay, will do.Thank you

My new Wemo Dimmer worked fine for two days and then stopped working. Bulbs are fine. The dimmer itself is online and looks to be functioning but the lights do not come on.Reset the dimmer twice without effect. Rebooted router twice. Other dimmers and switches all work just fine. Help!!!

Hey, hlg8n8800.

Do you mean to say that the LED light on the dimmer is not turning on at all? Please check the firmware version and make sure it is up-to-date.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

No the LEDs on the Dimmer worked fine, but the lights that the dimmer was supposed to control would not turn on. If you push the button on the dimmer to raise or lower the light intensity the dimmer indicators respond accordingly but no  lights are actually turned on. The dimmer shows up in the app just fine and appears to be "on" when selected but again the lights which are being controlled do not turn on. It actually worked greeat for about two days then just stopped. Firmware appears to be up to date.

@hlg8n8800

Are the bulbs that you're using compatible to the WEMO Dimmer? You may refer to this link to check if they are part of the list. You may also try resetting the device from the WEMO App, here's a support article to show you how.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Has anyone found a resolution for this issue? Also having issues where my dimmer switch failing to recognize after months of use and being ok. I have over 20 wemo switches that work and the issue is only on the dimmer switch itself (just acting up around a month ago); switch still has power, but can’t reset or app not recognizing the dimmer switch. Very frustrating, tried every recommendation

@GeneraI wrote:
Has anyone found a resolution for this issue? Also having issues where my dimmer switch failing to recognize after months of use and being ok. I have over 20 wemo switches that work and the issue is only on the dimmer switch itself (just acting up around a month ago); switch still has power, but can’t reset or app not recognizing the dimmer switch. Very frustrating, tried every recommendation

Try To reboot the Wemo Dimmer, turn OFF the connected bulb.  Then press and hold the LED bar for 2 to 5 seconds.  Release the button when the LED bar is illuminated white. Now, If the Wemo Light Switch/Dimmer is not responding to the Restart button, turn OFF the power by turning the circuit breaker OFF and then turning it back ON. Have you tried to use a different handheld device with an updated Wemo app to check if the Wemo Dimmer can be detected?

Click this link on how to reboot and restore the Wemo Dimmer.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support