WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

wemo insight switch always off

[ Edited ]

just purchased an insight switch. Everything seemed to setup correctly. Just the one device for now. If I switch the device on at the app (android), the icon goes green but the deive does not come on. Tried it with a timer. Again when the start time occurred, the icon went green but device did not switch on. The wiFi indicator is blue all the time. The button on the front of these insight switches is an on/off I assume, which itself should become some colour at some point. Tried to find something about the button (it uses, clours etc), but to no avail. Can this button be used to override any settings in the app?

Anyone any suggestions?  Thanks.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: wemo insight switch always off

If you touch the button on the top of the insight you will hear a click and it will turn green, and when using the app the same should happen.  If you're not hearing a click it the relay isn't working.

Yes, hear a click but no colour etc.

Am I correct in assuming, pressing the switch overides the wemo?  

WEMO Maker Inventor

Not sure I know what you mean by override - but you're probably asking how it works and the simple answer is "last one wins".

There's no blue light on an insight, are you sure you don't have a socket?

In either case the physical light/switch should always show the state of the relay.  The app generally shows the proper state of the switch but not always, when in doubt use the refresh button. 

If you hear a click but current doesn't flow then the relay is working so it's probably internal wiring.   If the wemo is flowing power and the LED isn't on then the LED is broken.  If you unplug it and plug it back in the wifi indicator should blink yellow till it connects - on the insight it's built into the switch.

[ Edited ]

My Apologies, it is a socket, not an insight. The blue WiFi light works as it should. What I meant by overide is for instance, the connected device is off, if I want to put it on, but can't find my phone(or whatever), can I just press the on/off button? (if thats what the button is.)  Thanks.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Yep.  You can change the switch state from any phone or the switch on the front, last change wins.  The switch should light up when the relay is on, and dark when it's off.

Highlighted

Thanks for your help MIKEP. Looks like my device is faulty so contacting Belkin.