WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

wemo light switch not working after the firmware update

I used my 2 wemo light switch and 1 smart plug for almost 2 years. It's been working fine at all time until this update. I did some update before, they always takes about 5-10mins. But this one took me 1 full day, and end up with a fail update. After that, I cannot find my wemos from the app, and I cannot even turn on and off my light manually. I did restart the switch, reset the switch, and also turn off and on my breaker, none of them works. Now the indicator on wemo looks fine, shows green and yellow. It looks like the switches are ready for the setup. I can see the wemo wifi from my iphone. But when I try to connet to the wemo's wifi, it did not work, shows connecting all the time. So I am stuck at this step. If I cannot get my phone connet to wemo's wifi, I cannot do the following steps. Anyone knows what happened for this update? It sucks that I cannot even turn on my lights manually.  

Re: wemo light switch not working after the firmware update

Did you ever get this fixed? 

never, i put all 3 devices back into the box. what a waste. $150 dollors.

@yangyu325 Apologies for the delayed response. We'd like to sort this one out before you set the units aside. Do you mean that after upgrading the firmware, the device/s is no longer detected or responsive via Wemo App? Try to force close the app, relaunch, delete cache/cookies, and see how it goes. If still doing the same thing, uninstall-reinstall the app, use another handheld device/s, or even reset back to its default settings the unit to further isolate the issue. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

the app asked me to upgrade the firmware. So I started the upgrade process before i go to bed. the last time i checked the app before i go to bed, it shows upgrading and do not turn off the device. so next morning(8-9 hours later) when i woke up, the app still showing the same thing(upgrading and do not turn off the device.) So i have to go to work, so i took my iphone out of the home wifi everinment and closed the app. After I got home from work, I tried to do it again, and the situation comes, I can see the devices' wifi name on my iphone, but i can not connect to them. I used my iphone, my wife's iphone, my ipad, and even an older samsung phone, they all can find the wemo deviceds' wifi singnal but can not connect to them. I did a lot research about it, so i tried uninstall-reinstall the app, reset the devices, hard reset the devices. nothing works. Oh, after I did the hard reset for the device, I can turn on and off my light by using the hard button on the device within one minitus, after that even the hard button cannot turn on and off the lights.

@yangyu325 Let's have our Escalation Engineers give you further assistance on this matter. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Location - City/State), firmware version, serial number of the affected Wemo units, community username and a link to this post for reference. We'll wait for it. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Yes, my perfectly working system of 3 light switches which were perfect for a couple of years is now crapo after this upgrade. All 3 are mostly undetected by the app, but pop on to it every now and then and them go away. VERY UNHAPPY USER

Hi, rkrigsman. We have replied to your other post, please check it out.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support