WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

3 and 4-way switches -- please!

by TheQ on ‎12-09-2017 09:57 PM
I have a Wemo switch on most single pole light switches in my home. I would love to wire up my 3 and 4 easy switches, but you don't support it. Please fill this need. You could use ad-hoc wireless communication to communicate the state of each switch to the others in a group.
Comments
by daveydoo
on ‎01-02-2018 10:41 AM

I wish Belkin would at least tell us whether or not they have plans to build a three-way switch. I'm at the point where I'm going to rip out all my Wemos and install Leviton smart switches (which do support three-way, multi-location).

by scientist
on ‎01-05-2018 02:42 PM

Lutron's Caseta wireless switches are absolutely amazing. Having bought these for my 3-way configurations, I now wish I had bought them instead of Wemo's! They are all dimmers, natively, and do NOT require neutral. Even modern homes with 3-way do not have neutrals in those boxes. The functionality is ingenious -- cap off one end entirely, install a wall remote, and replace the hot end with a dimmer. Both the dimmer and the remote can dim, and are fully configurable with apps, Alexa, etc. Amazon even has a starter kit via Alexa deal for $120, which includes the hub and 2 complete sets. (Wall mounting hardware is a few bucks extra at home depot.) Give it a shot!

by adriangriffin
on ‎01-26-2018 09:14 PM

I'll add to this. A 3-way version would be very useful. For example stairwell light are always 3-way. These tend to be visible from outside the house, so are a good thing to put on away mode. 

by Moderator
‎01-28-2018 10:19 AM - edited ‎01-28-2018 10:20 AM

Hi, Everyone! We'd like to this product suggestion and relay it to our Development team. Hopefully, we can give out an update regarding this matter. This is idea is a good one. Should you have more ideas aside from that, you can refer to this link: https://www.belkin.com/ideas/. Thanks.

Carl - 21985

Wemo Technical Support

by WeMop2
‎01-29-2018 09:07 PM - edited ‎01-29-2018 09:07 PM

wrote:
I have a Wemo switch on most single pole light switches in my home. I would love to wire up my 3 and 4 easy switches, but you don't support it. Please fill this need. You could use ad-hoc wireless communication to communicate the state of each switch to the others in a group.

Was an early Wemo adopter from 4 years ago but waiting for 3/4 way switches has been a drag. 

Now that Alexa is the 'hub' don't really need to be as brand dependent on Belkin anymore. See here for what Wemo missed out on.  

TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch for 3-Way Lighting, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (HS210 KIT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07724HNTX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sV.BAb4T4DDGV

by hdiggity007
on ‎10-22-2018 03:47 PM

+1