WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

3-way switches

by coreymcl on ‎06-18-2014 01:29 PM

I for one have a number of light switches I would love to replace with WEMO's however the switches in question are 3-way. While I understand if the WEMO devices don't talk to each other, but neither do the analog switches I have today. Please consider adding 3 way switches this way your customer won't have to look at other products such as z-wave devices. 

Thanks for the consideration.

Comments
by tjpratt
on ‎11-13-2016 04:28 PM

come already wemo/belkin!!!!..... I am at the point of moving to another product to have 3 way switches and all the same brand

by SteelShadow
on ‎11-13-2016 07:27 PM
Sounds like with the new update and the long press rule that allows for one switch to control others, including toggling other switches it's now possible! Wiring two Wemo light switches like described by Mike P and then setting a toggle rule to turn on and off with the opposite switch when it's pair is pressed should do the trick! I haven't tried this yet but I'm going to try it soon and in theory it it makes sense.
by SteelShadow
on ‎11-13-2016 07:53 PM
Anyone have thoughts on this?
by Ac921ol
on ‎12-04-2016 11:00 AM
Did you try it?
by perrymedik
on ‎12-30-2016 10:31 PM

Please, for the love of Pete and progress, please create 3-way switches!!  There are so many 3-way switches at both homes that I would love to add to my set up!

Please, please, please, please!!!!  Guaranteed sales of at least 16 with this guy!

by travis123hp
on ‎01-04-2017 11:25 AM

So this post started over 2 1/2 years ago - anybody from Belkin R&D / Development got anything to say?

I am looking to buy switches for two houses but do not want multiple vendors, as no Wemo available for three way, I guess I'm going an alternate route.

A date - 1 month, 6 months, this year - any clue is good

by fstbusa
‎01-04-2017 11:36 AM - edited ‎01-04-2017 11:37 AM

I started with Wemo and purchased a number of switches... after realizing they don't work as 3-way... I returned them and went a different route.  This was over a year ago and I haven't looked back.  No regrets.