WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

3-way switches

by coreymcl on ‎06-18-2014 01:29 PM

I for one have a number of light switches I would love to replace with WEMO's however the switches in question are 3-way. While I understand if the WEMO devices don't talk to each other, but neither do the analog switches I have today. Please consider adding 3 way switches this way your customer won't have to look at other products such as z-wave devices. 

Thanks for the consideration.

Comments
by WeMop2
on ‎01-29-2018 09:13 PM

@coreymclwrote:

I for one have a number of light switches I would love to replace with WEMO's however the switches in question are 3-way. While I understand if the WEMO devices don't talk to each other, but neither do the analog switches I have today. Please consider adding 3 way switches this way your customer won't have to look at other products such as z-wave devices. 

Wemo missed this completely & as some here have astutely pointed out (turnerfrisco!) it's simply what tp-link has done:

TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch for 3-Way Lighting, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (HS210 KIT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07724HNTX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sV.BAb4T4DDGV

by Vmn21
on ‎02-14-2018 02:26 PM
Would it be possible to 2way switch a wemo switch with an analog switch. Having the switch wire from the wemo connect to the 1 and 2 of the analog and the the common connect to the light fixture. Essentially the the wemo switch is always on if switching the analog
by machine_automat
on ‎02-25-2018 06:26 PM

Can we get a timeline from Belkin on when the status on this request will be finalized? I have all Wemo switches and dimmers right now. Ideally I would like everything to be on one brand so I can control everything in one place. However, if I have to wait more than a little longer to know if they will move forward, I'm going with TP-Link for the 3-way switches.

Belkin - Please give us a response. It's been a very long time already!

by fstbusa
on ‎02-26-2018 03:18 AM
You may as switch brands. I wanted a three way option 3 years ago and still nothing. I switched brands and haven't looked back. They don't deserve people's money if they won't develop even the baseline of what's needed by consumers.
by iebock
‎04-25-2018 12:51 PM - edited ‎04-25-2018 12:53 PM

This shouldn't be hard for them to develop. TP-Link has a 3-Way Smart switch pair.  I would imagine that they are aware of each other.

by Alangstein
on ‎07-28-2018 12:24 AM

Lutron Caseta sells combination switch pack with wireless switch to control the actual wired switch.  Seems like wouldn't be too hard for wemo to sell a similar combo (the wireless switch would replace one of the 3 way switches and satisfy the code requirements of switches at top/bottom of stairs).

by audymaccop
on ‎10-04-2018 04:45 PM

@coreymcl wrote:

This other divider switch gadget could be fitted as the second (or third, fourth and so forth) that remotely controls the first by means of WiFi - when introducing these extra gadgets you'd simply need to program the MAC address of the first (or whatever recognize Belkin would utilize).

by txmmoore
on ‎11-28-2018 09:31 AM

I personally do not see a need for 3 way WEMO switches.  I have replaced several 3-way switches in my house with the WEMO switch and they all work great.  Yes, you must know a little about electrical switches, but this can be done just by removing one of the 3-way switches and connecting the wires together so that it remains hot.
This will allow you to control the circut with the WEMO switch.  If you have stairs or where the switches are a long distance from each other, then I can see where the 3-way will add convience to this.  But, that is where Alexa comes in hand, or your cell phone.

by hlclark78
on ‎12-10-2018 02:23 PM
@txmoore, Some places, like Seattle, WA have building code which requires 3-way switches in stairways. Contractors can not utilize the WEMO system legally in many applications. Selling a home or even changing insurance companies requires a home inspection and anything not up to code will get flagged and need to be resolved. So, while work-around and hacks are possible, a WEMO 3-way switch means more product adoption.
by hlclark78
on ‎12-10-2018 02:25 PM
FYI, a WEMO staff member mentioned in another 3-way switch thread that a WEMO 3-way switch is in development and should be announced in 2019. Smiley Happy