WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ability for app to support multiple homes

by BryanMyBad on ‎04-22-2018 11:13 PM
Supporting two or more locations (such as home and work or two homes) would be amazing. Just add login credentials just like ring and ever other app out there. I love the switches and the new dimmer switch. Besides bug fixes and fixing firmware issues this would make it a solid product.
Comments
by Wemolover
on ‎04-22-2018 11:18 PM
Omg yes please!!! We need this feature!
by Jake80
on ‎04-22-2018 11:20 PM
This would be great! Please add this feature
by ktmelin
on ‎07-03-2018 09:13 AM

At this point I assume it's wishful thinking as people have been requesting this feature for 3+ years with no response from WEMO. Nest, Ring, Lutron....all seem to be able to enable this feature.  Had I realized I would not have invested in WEMO

by Kurajo
on ‎07-16-2018 09:22 PM
I ran into this very same problem. I was told to buy the TP Link product as it is capable of being installed at different locations while being controlled by one app/device. TP Link gets better reviews as well.
by Lucky_Dog
‎07-20-2018 08:34 PM - edited ‎07-20-2018 08:39 PM

I have some wemo devices in two different houses and both work from all my phones (android).

To get the access to the wemo's at the other house, I just disconnect from my home wifi and connect to the cellular data on my phone.

Generally I rarely change anything at the house I am not at so not really a big deal.

My observation;

1) Logged into the HOME wifi that has the devices connected, only the devices on that netword are usable and the other house devices are grayed out.

2) Logged into any wifi other than my home networks or cellular data, everything works.

If you have to reinstall the app or accidently delete a wemo device and you are out of luck and have to go back to that house and let the app 're-discover' the devices.

I have not tried to add a separate wifi at each house just for the wemo and never connect the phone to that network (except during initial discovery) but I think that might work.

Result, I to have multiple locations with wemo's and I can control them all from all my phones.