WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Adjust sensitivity

by zeus on ‎08-30-2014 06:21 PM

I wish I could adjust the sensitivity of the sensor MOTION Wemo; take long to see a move and need to adjust its sensitivity to detect the movement faster.

Comments
by zeus
on ‎08-31-2014 02:12 AM

Is there a solution to adjust the sensitivity?

by Janecryptic
on ‎08-31-2014 09:56 AM

This device, according to Belkin should be able to detect motion within a 10-foot range. Try to re-create the rules and observe if there are any improvements. If the same thing happens, try to relocate the device. If it doesn't detect any motion easily, even in the 1 foot range, I think it would be best to consult this situationwith the Belkin support team.

by wemouser
on ‎12-06-2014 01:51 PM

from looking at older articles it looks like a previous version of the mobile app (android / ios?) allowed sensitivity control of the WeMo motion, but as of today Dec 2014, I can't seem to find that setting. 

by Pinyapple
on ‎12-07-2014 07:13 AM

Sensitivity for the Motion sensor can be adjusted when you are creating or editing a motion rule. Try to create a new Rule or edit an existing one and see if the sensitivity options are there.

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎12-07-2014 09:19 AM

Really Pinyapple?  Assuming you support folks actually have the switches and app installed, I recommend you uninstall the app, do a full reset all of your wemos, and reinstall the app.  That feature was withdrawn from the android version long ago.

In any case it doesn't do what the OP wanted.  The "sensitivity" was just a delay setting.  It wasn't looking for more or bigger motion, it was simply requiring the motion last longer before reporting it.  This made the detection slower, not faster.