WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Allow App to Function Without Cloud Connectivity

by pogogard on ‎12-14-2017 06:10 AM

When on the same wifi as my wemo device, I'd expect to be able to control said device even when the cloud service is unreachable.

Other forum posts list a number of paid 3rd party apps which allow this, so I wouldn't expect many technical challenges in implementing this feature.

Comments
by fearfair
on ‎01-09-2018 07:15 PM

I second this... should be a given.

by yuppyyoda
on ‎04-11-2018 07:17 PM

Completely agree. Also. Let the user remove devices like the link from the cloud account without calling the Belkin troubleshooting line. I had to do that process and it took 3 representatives over 2 days to delete a trouble device. The story had to be repeated several times.

by Jgrono
on ‎07-22-2018 01:24 AM
Wemos already can function without being connected to the Wemo servers for the past few years. As long as your home network, (router for most people) doesn’t isolate WiFi devices, and as long as the Wemos and whatever you are controlling from are on the same network and connected, you still have control without the cloud or internet access.

If your network isn’t set up this way, then every Wemo command routes through the cloud which is usually slower anyway.

I know this is true because my internet connection and modem have been down on a few occasions and all Wemos were still controllable.