WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Allow lights to be in groups but still individually controllable

by ak on ‎05-26-2015 09:52 PM

Would be really nice if you could add the ability to group lights together but still be able to turn them on and off separately. This is really useful for rules and IFTTT.

Comments
by zedozer
on ‎06-01-2015 07:08 PM

I agree but I would precise : creating virtual groups should improve the game.

a virtual group "All" to turn on/off/dim all the light and a virtual group "outside"for all outside bulbs with its own rules (form dusk to dawn) and a virtual group "arrival" for the porch lamp and the inside lamps, with a rule based on motion sensor. 

Land of course, the bulbs need to be controlled individually too !

virtual groups are only useful for rules and simultaneous on/off/dim

i vote for this idea !

by dinym
on ‎06-10-2015 07:28 PM
Agreed. The LIFX bulb app with IFIFTTT does this with a 3 level hierarchy e.g. you can select any combination of House, Room, Bulb. Even better would be if you could have bulbs belonging to multiple groups.
by cstathis
on ‎06-29-2015 01:22 PM

Amazon Echo does a nice job of this. I can say "Alexa... turn on downstairs lights" and that group i created all respond. I can still use the app or Alexa to turn them on/off individually.

by dpregs
on ‎11-19-2015 06:26 AM

Is it still not possible to have both groups and individual bulbs?  I have looked all through the app and can find nothing.  

by Tjmgym
on ‎12-09-2015 08:14 PM
I'd like an All On Light rule.
by ehonesjb
on ‎12-18-2015 09:33 PM
Jones1
by Jackie
on ‎01-24-2016 11:02 PM

FYI, if you have an Amazon Echo you can control the lights both individually and as a group with IFTTT. (The following will only help people with an Echo that want to use voice control. It won't help people using the wemo app, sorry.) First, I discovered all my bulbs with the wemo app and named them individually. Then, once I had set up my IFTTT rules for the individual bulbs (table lamp, desk lamp, etc) I went into the wemo app and grouped the lamps together. (Do this by hitting the edit "pencil" icon, then press and hold the "dots" next to the bulb you want, move it until it hovers over the other bulb you want to add to the group. Continue adding as needed. I then named the group "lamps" and went into IFTTT and created rules for the group. So now I can say "Alexa, trigger on Desk Lamp" and just the desk lamp will come on, or I can say "Alexa, trigger on Lamps" and all of the grouped lamps will come on.  Hope that was helpful.

by tricky01
on ‎02-03-2016 11:51 AM

Fully agree, and to be honest I find it a bit ridiculous that this isn't standard. Why should I have to do it via IFTTT Do buttons? Really should be built in. Come on Belkin!

by bcohilll
on ‎05-05-2016 02:44 PM

Does that mean you got alexa to control you're lights ?  How? Mine does not find Wemo light bridge.

by bcohilll
on ‎05-05-2016 02:47 PM

Amazon fire does not support fifty.