WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto-Off Implementation

by jodasoel on ‎12-07-2017 07:30 AM

After years of using the Insight, I finally decided to snag a Lightswitch. Specifically, I was looking for a timed switch, that will make sure it turns off when someone leaves it on--a perfect job for Auto-Off Timer, right? 

Yeah, wrong.

Turns out that subsequent presses of the switch simply reset the timer. Say I have the Auto-Off rule set for 1 min. (The switch is a closet light). I go in, do my thing, and then turn the light off as i'm leaving...NOPE! We're back to a minute. OK, so I'll turn it off in the app, NOPE! same functionality. 

So how about it Belkin, can we at least have the choice of what subsequent button presses do with auto-off timer? I can see use cases where you'd want to reset the timer, but it seems like the more practical one, is that you override/cancel the timer...you know use a light switch like a light switch? (Keyword: switch...to change state). The thing with smart switches, is I want them to function like a switch, but to be smart about it. This is not how to be smart about it.