WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ceiling Fan Control

by jedwards on ‎05-28-2017 07:49 AM

Would love to see you guys release a ceiling fan controller to replace the wall switch.

Thanks

Comments
by ualymerej
on ‎06-27-2017 11:41 AM

I second this. We need a wemo solution for this as I have not found an easy solution to have a speed controller that can be adjusted by an app as well as have the same speed control on the physical wall switch.

by bakerbug
on ‎07-23-2017 08:46 AM

I would love to be able to control my ceiling fan!  I was so excited when the news came out of a dimmer switch, but from what I understand it is not rated to control the speed of a ceiling fan.  A dimmer switch that is ceiling fan rated would be absolutely awesome!

by dbeish
on ‎08-28-2017 09:21 PM
Agree
by aphoid
on ‎11-17-2017 11:37 AM

Many fan remote kits have a small box that fits into the ceiling bracket and a separate remote control.  It would be great if there were a WeMo box that I could use to replace the remote kit:  that would mean both an in-fan-bracket box and a remote control of some kind.  The remote could be in-wall or wireless.  

It would also be possible to replace a 1-gang or 2-gang switch with a wifi enabled in-wall fan control.  

E.g. Hunter has the SimpleConnect system which has a retrofit box, but it has some disadvantages: It requires a separate hub to control the fans, and that hub only connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth, so it isn't capable of being controled by things like Alexa.  They only allow the Alexa/WiFi integration with a few of their new fans, no WiFi retrofit kit.