WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Low voltage WeMo

by PeterJameson ‎02-16-2017 07:04 AM - edited ‎02-16-2017 07:17 AM

Greetings all

I know what I'm suggesting here is covered by the WeMo Maker, but a simple WeMo that operates from low voltage and will also switch low voltage would be a great product.

Over the past year or two, I've seen many posts from users who would benefit greatly from such a devlce as they do not need the advanced features of the Maker. They just want to switch things like low voltage LED party lights or small motors and the like, and as it is they have to turn to a WeMo Maker or operate a relay from an ordinary WeMo switch when in fact they don't really want or need to connect to the mains at all.

Come on Belkin. Give me a reply. Let me know that you've read this post!

Regards

Pete

** Always kudo people who help you and mark their reply as the solution if they resolve your problem! **

Comments
by Steve1
on ‎02-16-2017 02:15 PM

Isn't this EXACTLY what the Wemo Maker is for though?

by PeterJameson
on ‎02-17-2017 12:15 AM

Hello Steve1

Well yes I suppose it is, but the Maker has features that I suspect many users do not need for simple switching projects and its 5 volt power supply limitation is a bit of a drawback. It means that a mains supply is needed to power the power supply, where I envisage a device that can be powered from a battery or some other source such as a solar panel and can be operated from a range of voltages.

Regards

Pete