WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Make Wemo Bulbs HomeKit Compatible

by Quazar on ‎02-23-2018 06:54 AM
Belkin has discontinued the production of the Wemo bulb, not sure why because they work great. Now for everyone who has a bunch of these bulbs they are left behind and to but Hue lights because the bulbs are not currently supported by the Wemo Bridge. What is the point of making a bridge if half the products are not even compatible with it?? This was a terrible business decision (to discontinue the bulbs and quit supporting them) because I’m now switching completely to Phillips Hue. I imagine most people will end up doing the same.
Comments
by rmewes
on ‎02-26-2018 01:45 PM

Just spoke to wemo support and they informed me that the wemo bridge isn't compatible with any of their bulbs or the osram lightify outdoor leds. Rep indicated wemo did a poor job of communicating that their "bridge" for homekit wouldn't support their own bulbs? I'll say. I now have 5 led bulbs and a set of outdoor led lights I can't control with Siri!  What a waste. Time to look at the Hue or anything that has decent support and won't leave me holding a bunch of product that's useless for a "smart" home. So disappointed.

by waynekp
on ‎03-04-2018 01:43 AM

yes wemo told the world at CES 2018 that the bridge was compatible with ALL wemo products but it seems they have no qualms about false advertising to sell their products and for the thousands of people who bought the bulbs and have been waiting literally YEARS for homekit compatability it has been a great disappointment 

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎03-21-2018 06:48 PM
Agreed. Disappointed to learn that the Bridge does not support bulbs. I still really like the switches and plugs and they are snappy as all heck with the Bridge! But I think for lights I’ll start moving to Hue, unless I can find another bridge that works with Cree Connected bulbs. The price is right on those.
by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎03-24-2018 07:26 AM

The beta for my AutomationManager Homebridge is going very well.  So any iOS users that are running the AutomationManager / AM Server may want to check it out - it's discounted for a few more days as the beta wraps up: AM HomeBridge beta.  The AM HomeBridge exposes the wemo link bulbs (plus the Wemo Maker, TP Link, AM Server flags and rule triggers, even Hue devices and ESP8266 custom devices) to HomeKit and Siri and I don't seem to be having the same stability problems that are being reported on belkin's bridge.

There's a bit more discussion about it here:  https://community.wemo.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/Is-Wemo-Maker-compatible-with-Wemo-Bridge/td-p/43882.

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎03-24-2018 08:20 AM

BTW, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/simple-mobile-zte-majesty-pro-4g-lte-with-8gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone... makes an excellent (low cost) hub/server for AutomationManager and it's on sale for $20.  If this sale ends bestbuy will usually have something on sale in the $20-$30 range on sale that will work well.

by jasbart
on ‎03-25-2018 12:59 PM

When Wemo announced they were no longer supporting the Starter Kit they specifically did NOT state which product was included...the Wemo Link or the Wemo Smart Bulb.  I was guessing it was the Smart Bulb, but then discovered the Link isn’t available for purchase by itself. Would the Link work with a Bulb from a different company?

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎03-25-2018 06:04 PM

Officially just a few of the osrams: http://www.belkin.com/au/support-article?articleNum=116172.   The link works with others but I believe the app itself now blocks pairing any other bulb types but the ones on the list.  Cree connected, the GEs, and the unsupported osrams can be paired using my WemoLEDs app.

by yuppyyoda
on ‎04-11-2018 07:22 PM

The A19 wemo bulb is pairable directly to the Amazon echo plus. They are standard zigbee protocol bulbs. I have 2 wemo bulbs from my link bridge kit working right now. The link bridge for me was also the reason my wemo app was lagging out. Once I called Belkin and had them remove the device from my cloud account.... The rest of my wemo devices started to work flawlessly.