WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Make Wemo Bulbs HomeKit Compatible

by Quazar on ‎02-23-2018 06:54 AM
Belkin has discontinued the production of the Wemo bulb, not sure why because they work great. Now for everyone who has a bunch of these bulbs they are left behind and to but Hue lights because the bulbs are not currently supported by the Wemo Bridge. What is the point of making a bridge if half the products are not even compatible with it?? This was a terrible business decision (to discontinue the bulbs and quit supporting them) because I’m now switching completely to Phillips Hue. I imagine most people will end up doing the same.
by rmewes
on ‎02-26-2018 01:45 PM

Just spoke to wemo support and they informed me that the wemo bridge isn't compatible with any of their bulbs or the osram lightify outdoor leds. Rep indicated wemo did a poor job of communicating that their "bridge" for homekit wouldn't support their own bulbs? I'll say. I now have 5 led bulbs and a set of outdoor led lights I can't control with Siri!  What a waste. Time to look at the Hue or anything that has decent support and won't leave me holding a bunch of product that's useless for a "smart" home. So disappointed.

by waynekp
on ‎03-04-2018 01:43 AM

yes wemo told the world at CES 2018 that the bridge was compatible with ALL wemo products but it seems they have no qualms about false advertising to sell their products and for the thousands of people who bought the bulbs and have been waiting literally YEARS for homekit compatability it has been a great disappointment 

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎03-21-2018 06:48 PM
Agreed. Disappointed to learn that the Bridge does not support bulbs. I still really like the switches and plugs and they are snappy as all heck with the Bridge! But I think for lights I’ll start moving to Hue, unless I can find another bridge that works with Cree Connected bulbs. The price is right on those.