WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

More scope when making rules

by Poita on ‎05-02-2016 12:25 AM

Right now the rules are so basic that the devices are more of a gimmick than anything else.

To make them really useful and actually earn the title of 'automation' there really needs to be the ability to use at least 2 conditions for a rule.

For example:

IF after sunset AND I enter my suburb, THEN turn the front lights on.

Another idea:

If I leave home turn the coffee machine off.

I know you can use IFTTT, but that is limited again to a single condition and the fact that its geolocation rules don't work with Andriod systems is widely complained about all over the web (with no response or support from them).

If you could implement a system like this the possible uses of your already existing devices would skyrocket!! There are so many things that would be actually useful and not just 'cool' that I could then do!

Comments
by jdamcintosh
on ‎06-23-2016 05:00 AM
I agree It would be great to have various options such as while, if, else and for.
Example: I created a sprinkler system and would like to do several on and off sequences for the water to be able to go in and out without the need for a separate timer.
by Fatdave42
on ‎07-12-2016 04:30 AM
Have a look at https://apilio.herokuapp.com/home/show

You will be able to use this and IFTTT

I have it set up with MiHome to do just as you would like it do to.
by jlatimer
on ‎01-17-2017 12:05 PM

These are good ideas band I would add being able to set on/off time variable by several minutes on any day - not limited to the week or day one is in. Aslo, it wiil give your techies something to think about. :-)