WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Please add lightbulbs to Amazon Echo

by Eddie53 on ‎12-19-2016 01:03 AM

Hi, I have been using Wemo for a while I recently purchased an Amazon Echo which works great with the switches. When are you going to incorporate the lightsbuilbs as I don't want to change to Philips Hue just to be able to control my lighting. Many

Thanks Eddie

Comments
by Steve1
on ‎12-19-2016 01:28 AM

You might have to IFTTT it to start with. I'm sure it'll come in time. But for now, it will have to be "Alexa, trigger the lounge lights on"

by Bilim35CI7
on ‎12-19-2016 03:42 AM

Bulb support was recently added but you have to add the Wemo skill.   This is different that the out of box Wemo support on Echo.

by Steve1
on ‎12-19-2016 10:41 AM

Oh, I just went to the Wemo skill last night and it said it's only for the Wemo Light Switch, Wemo Switch and Wemo Insight Switch. Can you please confirm it works?

by Bilim35CI7
on ‎12-19-2016 01:35 PM

Yeah... my bulbs show up.  Not surprised bulbs aren't mentioned though as they have EOL'd along with the Link.

http://community.wemo.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/Alexa-works-with-WeMo-bulbs/td-p/34067

by Karam
on ‎12-26-2016 07:15 PM

The support links clearly state that WEMO LED LIGHTS are not supported. Why is everyone claiming this works with light bulbs from WEMO when it's not? Here I can't get alexa to see the bulbs. If I'm missing something someone please explain? 

And if it's true why are WEMO LED bulbs excluded?