WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Time or Sunset On, Manual off

by ppeace on ‎02-03-2017 02:05 AM
You're leaving the house in the day and returning at an unknown time in the eve. Light comes on at sunset. You're forced on WeMo app to specify a time to switch off. You want this to be bedtime but this is different evert night. But the light switches off at a specified time while you're watching TV. Alternatively, you can cancel the daily sunset On and timed Off but you must now remember to turn this schedule on again the next day.

The uncatered-for use case is someone wanting the light to come on at sunset for security and then to stay on until manual switch off.

This is especially helpful to people who do not have the mobile next to them all the time and who walk over to the socket switch at bedtime.
Comments
by colglbo
on ‎02-03-2017 06:54 AM

I don't think you have to use an off time. Create an on rule (do not use on until) for sunset. Do not create an off time. The device should turn on at sunset and not turn off automatically.

by PeterJameson
on ‎02-03-2017 10:15 AM

Hello ppeace

It's quite some time now since I've used the WeMo app as I've moved over to the third party app "Automation Manager for IoT". As I remember though, in the Belkin app perhaps you could proceed by setting your timer rule to switch on your light at sunset and then off very much later than your latest likely bedtime, then when you retire just switch your light off in the app or at the WeMo manually.

This won't upset the rule and if you stay out, you'll know that the rule will eventually switch off at the late time so your light won't be on all night or into the next day. The rule will still switch the light on again next sunset.

Does this help? Forgive me if I've misunderstood your meaning.

Regards

Pete