WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Temperature sensor please. With Wemo Link(s) this could replace thermostat and...!

by esdwa on ‎12-17-2014 03:21 PM

Competetive systems like those supporting Philips, GE all have at least one temperature sensor.

Why Wemo can't add one to its line card? Smiley Frustrated

Imagine opportunities to create Rules based on defined also in rule temperature threshold which would trigger one or multiple Wemo Makers which could control HVAC at my house, lights or other Wemo smart outlers running local windows air conditioner in my garage if needed. With that I could also replace my main HVAC thermostat with two Wemo makers, one for switching between heatig and cooling and another to turn HVAC on and off. There would be so much more potential for Wemo Maker when I can sense temperature in one or multiple locations around the house. 

Belkin people, when can I buy one? 

Comments
by esdwa
on ‎12-22-2014 07:27 AM

It's hard to believe, no one is interested in ability to trigger devices based on upon ambient temperature. 

Belkin people, any plans for includign sensor in wemo lineup ??? 

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎12-22-2014 07:50 AM

Yeah, it is surprising.  Not sure if others are thinking the same as me though.  Rather than popping another $50 on a belkin tempurature sender or close to $100 to get one with the Maker I'd use Automagic (or Tasker) with my CT-30 thermostat app and/or weather events (and WemoManager of course!) to do the automation - much cheaper and probably more reliably.

by londinium
on ‎04-11-2015 12:06 PM

I would like to be able to remotely see the temperature of my espresso machine brew head. I now use a Wemo insight to switch it on, then I could also check if it's fully warmed up already.

by Bilim35CI7
‎04-11-2015 02:09 PM - edited ‎04-11-2015 04:42 PM

You may want to look into some Wireless Tags.  They work with IFTTT as well.  I use these tags to maintain temp range of some small oil space heaters at my Cabin that are on some Insights.  Local and remote HTTP calls are in there for alerts or controls if you want to leverage another system for that.

Wireless Tags

by Bilim35CI7
on ‎04-26-2015 02:38 PM

You will really like the Wireless tags... even with IFTTT response time is generally less than 30 seconds.

by Al-lat
on ‎11-17-2016 12:56 AM
I agree with the Wemo thermostat requests. I have my Wemo switch setup to turn my solar pool heating pump on when the outside temperature hits 23 degrees or more . The problem is that the pool solar works well when it is sunny - not just on temp alone. I either need to be able to config a more complex IFTTT rule based on it being sunny OR More ideally I need to be able to place a Wemo thermostat on the roof which can become the trigger to turn on the pool pump.