WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

We-Mo integration with alarm panels using We-Mo Maker or something new.

by BadPapaBear on ‎11-07-2014 03:30 AM

I have a 2Gig Go Alarm system that is able to control my Z-Wave Locks/Lights/Thermostat but I would to also intergrate some Wifi Devices. I honestly didn't see how it would be possible unless someone makes a Z-Wave/Wifi Bridge; or some other type of device. I wonder if it would be possible to use the We-Mo Maker to do some sort of intergration. The 2Gig panel has a few wired sensor inputs and an open collector output and an external bell output. The Specs for the open collector output specs are:

SOLID STATE OUTPUT
The Control Panel provides one (1) solid state output that
can be programmed to activate during various conditions.
The output can switch up to 250 mA @ 16 VDC to ground.

It seems the We-Mo Maker only does 12v DC or 24v DC output but I wonder what else can be done with the relay/sensor ports with the right programming.

An example of Alarm.com rules can be found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drormeNOsHo

This video specifies when an alarm goes off, but as you can see you can also set it by sensor activity like door opening or motion sensor being triggered.

Comments
by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎11-07-2014 11:39 AM

It's a really good idea, a great addition for home automation.  I think what you'd want is rules in the Wemo's to turn the maker on/off, for example on motion detection or a light switch being toggled.  Not sure if it can do that as I use my own rules engine that already can.  The maker could be wired to the panel like any alarm sensor with or without the EOL terminals.

You could use the maker to do something to your lights like turn them all on if the alarm goes off.  The OC outputs on most alarm systems can usually be programmed to switch states when there's an alarm and they could drive the maker's sensor input directly.

I have two apps on google play that do something like this: WemoManager and another called DscServer for DSC panels.  I do pretty much what you describe - I use the DSC panel's sensors to send events to my WemoManager rules server to turn my lights on (like when someone opens a door or enters a room) and I flash my outside lights continuously whenever an alarm is in progress.

I've also got IP cameras that fire off motion detection events to do the same thing using WemoManager -  when someone enters the driveway or approaches the front door the outside lights turn on if it's nighttime.

I don't have a need to use the cameras or the wemo's to feed inputs into the DSC system, though that's an easy add for me if I ever want it.

So there's no need to dedicate a Maker to this task, an old android phone or a spare PC/Mac (WemoManager and DscServer run on either) can work as a bridge.  Some scripting work would be needed for alarm systems other than DSCs.

by Addu12
on ‎03-01-2019 03:15 AM

The best place for online free video is available here before you windows 10 dvd player free so be quick and enjoy these video in the best quality