WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

We want 3-way (multi-location switches)

by bholl on ‎12-23-2017 02:09 PM

It would be very helpful for WEMO to develop 3-way switches that can be used to control a single light from multiple locations.  I am surprised that WEMO does not already have this type of switch in its offerings.  The lack of 3- and 4-way light switches forces users including myself to other manufacturers.  Leviton has this functionality in their wifi capable switches.  Their switch can have up to 4 additional locations besides the main switch.  The other 4 locations require companion switches that are only about $27.95 each with the main 3-way costing about $45.00.  Please develop this if you are not already doing so.  If need be, purchase the Leviton Model DW15S-1BZ main switch and the DD0SR-DLZ companion switch and reverse engineer your own.

Comments
by rasman69
on ‎12-26-2017 09:40 AM

Could someone from WEMO let us know if they have plans to develop these switches or if we need to purchase other manufactor's products? 

by McQ
on ‎12-27-2017 09:59 AM

I agree 100%!

Most homes have 3-way switches.  

So while I'd like to stick with Wemo, I currently have no practical option to fill this need with Wemo. 

Even if a 3-way Wemo switch required a hub to support a Zigbee or Z-Wave protocol (which is normally the case), I'd still opt for that over mixing brands of light switches, which require multiple apps on my phone.

While Wemo's hubless approach is a GREAT way for new people to dip their toes into the Smarthome pool, ideally Wemo should allow its users to transition into a more-sophisticated Smarthome, with generally requires a hub.

by jayace
on ‎01-02-2018 09:03 AM

Yes hurry up Wemo. I currenty have 4 wall plugs, 3 in wall switches and 1 in wall dimmer in my house. The other lights I want to control are all on 3 way switches. If you don't hurry up I will be switching all of my products over to Leviton. The price is the same but they at least have all the functionality I require. Im tired of waiting.     

by daveydoo
on ‎01-02-2018 10:38 AM

I wish Belkin would at least acknowledge whether or not they plan to build a three-way switch. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to rip out all my Wemos and go with Leviton.

by SnoRydrBoy
on ‎01-07-2018 08:16 PM
Buy GE 14291 and a Samsung Smart things hub and you'll be set, also use Stringify to create flows.
by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎01-07-2018 11:43 PM

Geez, that's like $200 or more and you're still stuck depending on 2 or 3 cloud services just for a simple 3 way switch.  A much simpler solution is to wire one of the old 3 way switches as a 2 way in parallel to a smart switch, or use two smart switches and synchronize them with local automation.  Less expensive, more reliable, and more responsive.  You could do this with 2 wemo switches plus $40 for my app and a low end phone as an automation server and not be locked into samsung or GE or even belkin's cloud.

I agree with the OP, belkin is sorely lacking this feature.