WeMo Power Strip

by daviddshoop on ‎07-30-2014 03:55 PM

I would like to see a WeMo power strip.  I would invision the following:

1. 110VAC with fuse protection

2. ~6 outlets

3. Each outlet can be controlled

a. together (on/off) e.g. master power

b. individualy (on/off), each outlet seprately

c. in groups (on/off), e.g. group 1 = outlet 1, 2 and 3, group 2, outlet 4, 5 and 6.  Group 3 outlet 1 and 6.  

4. Groups can have timers/rules et against them

5. Allow proper integratino with IFTTT, more than 1 product to be interfaced with IFTTT

Thanks.

Comments
by andot0526
on ‎07-31-2014 10:54 AM

You know what, this is a brilliant idea. They do have a submit idea link where you can send this info. Click here: http://community.wemo.is

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎08-25-2014 07:31 PM

Belkin already makes Wemo and Power adapters, this shouldn't be too far of a leap. 

by Community Manager
on ‎08-26-2014 07:43 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎08-26-2014 09:39 AM
What would be ideal would be to start with something like their Conserve switch which places x-outlets on control & allows for "always on" outlets controlled by the standard switch. From there, develop a switch that has multiple WeMo-controlled outlets in one product. Conserve Switch: http://www.belkin.com/us/F7C01008-Belkin/p/P-F7C01008
by bphick
on ‎05-05-2015 03:05 PM

Make each outlet on the strip separately addressable or grouped.

by Phantomski
‎11-05-2015 09:11 AM - edited ‎11-05-2015 09:29 AM

I would absolutely buy a well designed powerstrip right away. Using bulky WeMo switches (UK version especially) is just not possible for individual devices. In fact, that's exactly what I planned to buy for a long time and then without any viable option on the market I've made one myself with Arduino and relays. This would be an absolute no brainer for any home AV systems, where you have increasingly more devices connected and hidden from view.

Well designed power strip would have:

- Individual and group controls

- Individual detailed monitoring and IFTTT actions

- Socket Power cycle option for resets

- Power ON and OFF sequencing for group Power events (the order how we boot devices is important)

- Surge and overload protections

- High frequency and noise filters

- Options with 4,6,8,10 sockets.

Basically - take inspiration from ATEN, but make it more sensible for Home use (mainly price Smiley Wink

by TurboP1953
on ‎02-03-2016 10:43 AM

Exactly what I want. I currently have a power strip with 5 devices plugged into it 3 of which I'd like to control seperately.

I know there are power strips with individual switches next to each outlet but it is difficult for me to crawl down on the floor to use them due to a stroke in 2010. Voice control through my Amazon Echo would be perfect.

I would definitely buy one of these at a reasonable price.

by Sirscott
on ‎01-13-2018 01:34 PM
I simply plugged power strip into the wemo and ask Google to turn on home theater and it works.