WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

WeMo app

by txmmoore on ‎03-12-2018 10:20 AM

It would be a great enhancment to allow grouping on the WeMo app.  I have several WeMo devices (24) and to find the one I want to switch is difficult.  But, if I knew it were in a group, say "garage", then I could open that group on the app and turn on or off the switch.

by yuppyyoda
on ‎03-13-2018 05:35 PM

Get an amazon echo plus. Nothing better than creating a group and telling the house to turn on and off light groups.

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎03-13-2018 05:36 PM
Agreed. Grouping bulbs is great but would be cool to be able to group multiple devices.
by yuppyyoda
on ‎03-13-2018 05:46 PM

Ditch the Wemo link and have that device removed from the wemo cloud. Echo plus will do the grouping and scenes. Wemo link on my end lagged my wemo app on android and ios to a point where I was looking at Lutron. Since the exclusion of the bridge... all is good. You can also group bulbs and switches in the Alexa app. Set routines, schedules, key phrases. I have at least 8 cree bulbs, 12 hue bulbs, 4 osram lightify rgb strips, 11 wemo light switches, 7 wemo plug switches and 2 wemo bulbs living together with sub 1 second reaction times from command input with various groupings.. I have each room grouped as well as the exterior. Grouped by floor level. Grouped by activity like coming home or going away. Works great.