WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

WeMo quit working on all devices

by jwwhite001 on ‎02-02-2017 05:38 AM

I have an Insight and a Link. Last night they both stopped working at the same time. Just out of the blue. I noticed both of them were blinking yellow. No rules were in affect and nothing was being done at the time. Went into the app and they did not show up. I unplugged, plugged back in, same result. Waited a couple hours, nothing ever came back online. I finally did a factory reset and re-configured everything. That solved the problem, but what would cause that issue. I can understand maybe one item having a problem, but both at the same time???

Also, after I reset everything the rules don't seem to work properly. They work but the timing is way off.  I had a light that comes on at 5:45 am and turns off at 6:30. It came on at 5:45 but went off at 5:50. 

My insight turns my coffee maker on at 5:45 and leaves it on for 2 hours. It came on, but only stayed on for about 5 minutes.

Comments
by gfune
on ‎02-02-2017 09:09 AM

Had the same problem today. Although I tried to do a reset and that failed!!! Ready for trash???!!!!!!????!!!!

by Famix
on ‎02-02-2017 09:17 AM
In italy at 18:00 today February 2 my two insight WEMo went off simultaneously. It could be a signal sent from the remote? Hacker attack wemo server?
by Steve1
on ‎02-02-2017 03:11 PM

Maybe there was a firmware update that lost all the wifi information??

by Famix
on ‎02-03-2017 03:23 AM

where you can read the power-off log of WEMo insight?

no one else yesterday had my problem?

WEMo / Belkin knows this anomaly?

by Expert
on ‎02-26-2017 01:42 PM

@Famix

Are you referring to the usage summary on your WEMO Insight? If so, you may refer to this link:
http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=80143

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support