WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Wemo API - when?

by esdwa on ‎12-15-2014 03:56 PM
Belkin people,

Any chance to publish or just share API to develop alternative apps for iOS or Android? This would not only boost product line interest among people but would also allow to create more reliable apps.

You own the hardware for which users pay and chances to hack it are almost null. Apps are free so what is that you worry so much about? Is it liability?
Comments
by Janecryptic
on ‎12-16-2014 02:02 PM

I guess you can contact them directly through this link, http://developers.belkin.com/wemo/sdk.

by gloggman
on ‎12-17-2014 10:49 AM

I tried that link requesting the link but no response so far (~1HR ago)

by esdwa
on ‎12-17-2014 04:01 PM

thanks @Janecryptic

by Saffronfs7
on ‎12-18-2014 07:53 AM

@gloggman, I got my SDK link right after my request was sent. Try to check your Spam folders or try using a different email. The email was sent by bcsadmin@belkin.com.

by Lightbow
on ‎01-08-2015 09:45 AM
As far as I can tell, that project is dead. Beware that anything you build using that SDK will be rejected from the App Store, as Apple requires 64-bit submissions for new apps as on any day now, and those developer libraries are only 32-bit. If anybody reading this has heard from Belkin within the last 11 months, I would love to hear from you. I have been unable to get any response from them, and am desperate for some "official" way of controlling WeMo products that don't involve this old SDK.
by gloggman
on ‎03-11-2015 07:25 PM

Thanks, I did find it in spam box.

by gloggman
on ‎03-11-2015 07:35 PM

Hey Permalink, I'm with you!

If they want to sell devices they should update the SDK so integrators can use it. I don't see the problem having SDK and API available. Just look at all the open source available and the cool apps engineers come up with when supported by the OEM's. Isen't this what the WeMo Maker is all about??

Love to see a responce from Belikin

by konakcc
on ‎07-06-2015 03:50 PM

I tried the link above and it seems dead.  Anyone know what is the latest status of an SDK or API

by Pinyapple
on ‎07-07-2015 12:58 PM

I'm not aware of the latest SDK status but if you want to request for one, try it from this link: http://developers.belkin.com/wemo/sdk