WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Dimmer

by WEMO Maker Inventor on ‎05-28-2014 08:54 PM

I would like to install many wemo controlled dimmers in my home.

Comments
by RobbieH
on ‎01-12-2015 12:57 PM

This hasn't been discussed here in a while. PLEASE build a Wemo dimming light switch! 

by Dcorrons
on ‎01-12-2015 06:31 PM

I am surprised that they haven't added this with a firmware update already. It needs to be a feature. As well as 3-way switching. Insteon has this. Does a Belkin rep ever look at these and reply? Maybe the switch isn't physically capable and there will be a new switch made. Didn't see any announced at CES.

by cox8802
on ‎02-13-2015 04:10 PM

I would like to see a dimable switch and possibly a switch to control a celing fan.  

by riclauzon
on ‎03-26-2015 10:19 AM

I am at the point at my house where I need to make a decision ofcontinuing with Wemo or change to insteon for all lighting due to insteon having the capability of dimming and 3 way switches. 

I really hope Belkin wakes up here and realizes we want a dimmer switch and 3 way lightning

A wall mountable controls would be nice as well instead of haning to use your phone everytime.

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎03-26-2015 11:02 AM

If you're upgrading anyway perhaps you want to look at smart LED bulbs instead of installing dimmers?

Dimmers work best with incandescent bulbs which are passee.  They sort of work with fluorescent.  But they're totally not needed with LED bulbs.  (I do realize there are some situations where you must have a dimmer - fan/motor speeds, big chandelier, fixtures with no LED alternative, but those are disappearing).

So I have to side with Belkin on this one, dimmers would be down on my priority list.

Definitely three way switches would be nice.  Though you can already do many things with the 2 way switches in 3 way applications depending on how they're wired (there's some topics here on that already).

There are 3rd party apps to help you set up (more than one) wall mounted central console for all of your home automation.  Using a generic tablet rather than a vendor specific one makes more sense to me (see threads like "Greatest idea of ALL time" and similar).  I'm assuming here by wall mountable you mean something other than the wemo switches themselves as I already have those on my wall Smiley Happy.

by dmwierz
‎04-08-2015 11:12 AM - edited ‎04-08-2015 11:44 AM

I just purchased a WeMo light switch to be controlled by my Amazon Echo (something just added to the functionality of the Echo today), and am I correct in reading this thread that the WeMo switch, which is by no means inexpensive, can't do what X10 and Zigbee switches have done for more than 20 years, i.e., dim bulbs from a controller (App, Echo, etc.)?  

REALLY? How dumb is that? I have an apartment full of light fixtures that I would gladly add WeMo switches to, and control with the Echo, but not if all I'm going to get is rudimentary On/Off functionality.

by jasonfw7
on ‎05-06-2015 07:56 PM

yes... dimmers please! 

by gradyr1953
on ‎05-22-2015 07:21 AM
I have an Amazon Echo. When they announced that it works with Wemo switches, I was ready to replace most of my light switches - UNTIL I found out that Wemo switches aren't dimmable! Now I' waiting to see what happens first - Wemo brings it's product line up to date, or another company offers a better product. Why is such an obvious feature absent?
by MSTEFANAVAGE
on ‎05-28-2015 10:22 AM

I totally agree!!  I need to be able to dim my lights.  I purchased a Wemo in wall switch for my front porch and would love to replace ALL of my switches but won't do it without dimmers.  Every switch I have dims today and I already have dimmable LED lights throughout.  I don't want to go back and buy all new lights again.  Besides, many of my light fixtures have multiple bulbs. 

Please update to allow dimming!  You sell at least a dozen more switches to me alone!!!

oh yea and 3 way compatibility too Smiley Happy

by Ja13177
on ‎08-16-2015 10:28 PM
Please add a firmware update with dimming.