WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Dimmer

by WEMO Maker Inventor on ‎05-28-2014 08:54 PM

I would like to install many wemo controlled dimmers in my home.

Comments
by aLTeReGo
on ‎12-02-2015 08:13 PM

As much as I'd like to buy into the WeMo family of products, I simply cannot without the obvious capability of dimming lights. There are simply too many bulb form factors in my home. For example, I don't see a CA11 WiFi enabled bulb coming anytime soon. 

I'll keep my eyes on Plum and Insteon but I'd much rather give my money to Belkin. 

by billbarlow
on ‎12-05-2015 11:21 PM
Unless there's dimming in the works (that is, with an ETA of, say, 60 days) this device is USELESS to me. Please don't make me go to the competition. And notwithstanding the comments above: please post something -- anything -- to show that Belkin, as a company, actually READS these posts. (I really don't want to believe this Site is nothing more than a way to placate customers with legitimate concerns.)
by Moderator
‎12-06-2015 03:52 PM - edited ‎12-06-2015 03:54 PM

Hi billbarlow. We do monitor this thread. Currently, WEMO does not have a dimmer. The WEMO bulb, however, has a dim feature.

by riclauzon
on ‎12-07-2015 12:01 PM

Hey Billbarlow,

Sadly, I had 6  Wemo products last year and finally had to switch to a competirot for the same reason you will most likely have to : Dimming option and a wall switchcher to control the light from a differenet room.  My home is now equipped qith 20 products from a competirot. Smiley Sad

by pimmento
on ‎12-19-2015 08:45 AM
I'm a big fan of the wemo light switch. I have one along side several zwave switches. The wemo is so much faster to respond and more reliable. If only they had a dimming switch I would buy many more. There are just too many occasions where a dimming bulb just isn't practical. Chandeliers, fan lights, big open spaces many lights are controlled by one switch, the light switch for my pool light, the list goes on.
by Fredhelou
on ‎12-20-2015 11:00 PM
Need a dimmer now. Agreed.
by Erin
on ‎03-11-2016 01:54 PM
Completely agree on the need for a dimmer switch. I already have a few WeMo devices and an Echo and would like to stay with WeMo, but the lack of a dimmer switch is a deal breaker.
by Ab1234
on ‎05-30-2016 11:53 PM
Dimmers require hardware mainly diodes to alter the sign wave to produce different voltages hence why some hum but I agree as an electrician I wont recommend them for this reason
by WayneH
on ‎09-12-2016 01:59 PM

Well I wish I had read this thread before buying into the WeMo line. I was planning on eventually using 3 wall switches but I need dimmers in them. I realize the simple reason is to use their bulbs (or other compatible ones), but most fixtures don't use the few standard bulbs that are offered. Hopefully Belkin will wake up as the competition moves forward.

Is there any way to use IFTTT  to accomplish dimming, or maybe in conjinction with another manufactures switch?

by Brittonandjen
on ‎11-08-2016 04:07 AM
😲 was googling to find a dimmer switch light switch with a remote so I could operate from bed and bell on wemo kept coming up so I jumped in head first and bought a starter bulb pack and a light switch. The bulbs are fabulous! But that light switch is the dumbest smart switch ever! No dimming option? I installed it in my master to control the 4 bulb chandelier and only after installationn did I find out IT DOESNT DIM LIGHTS omg