WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Wemo Maker and IFTTT for Garage Opener

by tmilowski on ‎12-11-2014 09:50 AM

I used the WeMo Maker (and magnetic switch) to control my garage door. It works like a charm... However, I would like to automate this further by creating one of the following IFTTT rules:

• if the wemo switch is NOT trigerred and I enter the area OPEN the garage door by "turn relay on momentarily"
  • if I eneter the area "turn relay on momentarily" only if the switch is NOT triggered

As far as I see the IFTTT does not allow the creation of the AND condition. I explored possibility of using the two rules, 1st checks one condition and if this condition is met it triggers another rule to check for another condition, but I cannot figure it out (sending an email and acting on the email is not an option due to long lag in receiving an email)

Any suggestions? Maybe WeMo or IFTTT could incorporate new condition and actions to their WeMo Maker possibilities.

Tomas

Comments
by robertbudge
on ‎07-02-2016 03:51 PM

The answer is to use "apilio.io" which is a free web service that serves as a repository for logic conditions and the "Maker" channel on IFTTT to trigger the logic conditions.  I just did a project to send me a notification if I leave the garage door open.