WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo and Apple Homekit integration

by Mjrgab on ‎07-15-2015 07:12 PM
I think all ios Wemo user want HomeKit integration. We want to use Siri for control our wemo device.
Comments
by TheMintResident
on ‎09-13-2016 06:36 AM
There's a lot of new apps that's support wemo , the thing is that wemo wants to stay that way . Customers want more of wemo but apparently they don't want to move forward , specially with apple home kit
by TheMintResident
on ‎09-13-2016 06:38 AM
Since I bought 5 wemo switch at the beginning was a nightmare , finally my wemo app is working fine . It's time to update WEMO!! Home kit , Apple Watch , turn of all lights button or on ! Do something new
by Lgazzana
on ‎09-15-2016 07:08 AM
For current WeMo owners you could release a new line and then offer a discount and put out new product that is HomeKit able. The discount could be greater depending on the number of devices bulbs etc that you own.

Yeah this is going to be a no go for me. I will be switching to something compatible. You really dropped the ball and are shooting yourselves in the foot with your call to stay as is. Incredible shame
by Stevescotland
on ‎09-21-2016 07:04 AM

Like others, I'd be happy to buy a hub for a HomeKit, it's not a ridiculous requirement, after all Philips Hue customers needed to buy a new HoneKit compatible hub.

by Pahar
on ‎09-28-2017 10:08 AM
Hmmmm. Belkin announces a HomeKit / Wemo bridge will be released in Fall’17. That was in May2017. Since then, darkness. Nary a peep.
You would think Belkin would be promoting the hell out of it if release is imminent. That they’re not makes me wonder if I should be unloading my Wemo hardware and invest in something currently HomeKit compatible.
by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎09-28-2017 11:09 AM
I've already unloaded my WeMo products except for the Makers. Currently on the market, the WeMo Maker is unique. If and when it becomes HomeKit compatible (and smaller), people like myself will be investing copious amounts into it. With some minor tweaks, it has the potential to be a disruptor.
by WEMO Maker Inventor
‎09-28-2017 11:39 AM - edited ‎09-28-2017 11:39 AM

I'm sorry to say that belkin doesn't share your optimism for the maker: http://community.wemo.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/Is-the-Wemo-Maker-discontinued/td-p/40131, which makes me suspect homekit and alexa are out for it.

Anyone can build a (much smaller) maker equivalent for $10-$15 custom devices, and with an aftermarket product like AutomationManager it'll work with your wemos, alexa, ifttt, stringify, and google home.  Yes, it's android, and no I won't be doing an iOS version as there's no need.  It's a hub so it's accessible from any browser including iOS and it runs on any inexpensive low end android device that stays at home.

by eTron
on ‎10-19-2017 01:55 PM
Still waiting for the wemo HomeKit Hub they announced in May as well. At least the switches and plugs work with smartthings unofficially otherwise I’d have unloaded a year ago. However, the dimmer is not compatible with smartthings in any way so my smart home has to stay in limbo until I sell the wemo equipment or they release the hub. Waiting until the end of the month. Come on wemo give us some hope here!
by matg
on ‎11-15-2017 01:55 AM

Where is the Homkit hub? Belkin gone very quiet on this.

by carismatico78
on ‎11-16-2017 06:09 PM
I emailed tbe media relations contact, Karen Sohl, listed on a previous press release. This was her reply.

“ Hi Eric,

Looks like we will have early Jan. We’ll have all the info on our website then. We are finalizing all the details now..

Karen”