WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo and Apple Homekit integration

by Mjrgab on ‎07-15-2015 07:12 PM
I think all ios Wemo user want HomeKit integration. We want to use Siri for control our wemo device.
Comments
by BR
on ‎03-25-2016 08:49 AM
For starter: let's have a wemo app for iPad and Apple Watch. I have 10 light switches an 3 switches installed. We bought Caseta smart lighting by Lutron. We might to move on and switch, if wemo isn't capable to communicate with Apple products.
by Truckondo
on ‎04-02-2016 02:44 PM
by lauriloo
on ‎04-02-2016 02:46 PM

I read that, too. Belkin just sent me a survey about WeMo devices and I mentioned my displeasure at every opportunity Smiley Wink

by weaver00062
on ‎04-19-2016 05:41 AM

I agree about the need for Wemo products to be made Homekit compatable asap

by G8rmike
on ‎05-04-2016 02:50 PM
Apparently WEMO will never be HomeKit compatible because of hardware requirements that don't exist in current devices.
However, couldn't they build a hub to make them compatible? The hub could have the necessary hardware and all the devices could be set up to connect to the hub instead of directly to your wifi router.
I don't want to rip out all my WEMO wall switches, but I'd be happy to buy a hub and do some setup if it provided additional functionality.
by WeMop
‎06-10-2016 01:03 PM - edited ‎06-10-2016 01:05 PM

LOL@ Homekit.  Almost 2 year after its announcement HK & Apple are nowhere as Amazon & Google are starting to run away with a hub while companies like Belkin & Wink are ramping up to improve their offering.

Apple fans are the ultimate gas & go (plug & play) amateurs.

by lauriloo
‎06-10-2016 02:15 PM - edited ‎06-10-2016 02:18 PM

I have to wonder what people like you get out of that kind of snark. Does it make you think you are better than me? Apple may not always be first with things but they always end up with the things most people covet. I would rather have the best than the first or the cheapest. Apple is coming out with a competitor to the Echo and I am confident that it will be better because that's always the way it turns out in the end.

by Bilim35CI7
on ‎06-10-2016 07:02 PM
lauriloo: Try not to let it get to you. I've been on plethora of OS's person/work since the 1980's (CP/M,DOS, Commodore, Amiga,(All) Windows .x,Mac OS, OS X, IBM System I, AS 400, IRIX, OS/2, BeOS, Rhapsody (OSX), OS X.x, Solaris, NextStep, QNX, Novell, whatever Atari had, NeXTSTEP, AIX...done... I've had to play and manage these and many more I haven't listed. :-) I still come home to play with my Apple stuff.. WemoManager/AutomationManager on Android has been my only exception :-)
by Mhobizal
on ‎06-28-2016 08:07 PM

Since Apple has announced that they are opening the Siri API for developers, we may see the Wemo app have the ability to control our Wemo devices.  

by TheMintResident
on ‎09-13-2016 06:33 AM
Is so sad to know that wemo is not compatible with apple home kit , wemo your going very slow . Your customers want more , not just release the app and that's it