WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo and Apple Homekit integration

by Mjrgab on ‎07-15-2015 07:12 PM
I think all ios Wemo user want HomeKit integration. We want to use Siri for control our wemo device.
Comments
by Fredhelou
on ‎12-20-2015 11:02 PM
I use the amazone echo and it works great. Much better than looking for my phone to turn the lights on or off
by Dkorda
on ‎12-21-2015 02:26 AM
Belkin- Any update on this? Hope we don't have to buy new hardware to get HomeKit. If that's the case, Phillips Hue is the eco system to buy into.
by Moderator
on ‎12-21-2015 04:45 PM

Still no update about the HomeKit integration, Dkorda. We greatly appreciate the anticipation but we are still in conversation with Apple and no specifics have been finalized yet. Please stay tuned.

by Wamberal
on ‎12-22-2015 10:15 AM
I'm a new wemo device user. Extremely happy with the hardware, but also extremely disappointed that they are not HomeKit compatible. Should have done my research. For an expensive product, you would have assumed better integration. Time to rethink my home automation hatdware supplier.
by lauriloo
on ‎12-22-2015 04:24 PM

This really needs to happen. I've just started to invest in WEMO with the assumption that it would eventually integrate with my Apple TV via Siri. I will be extremely unhappy if this doesn't happen soon. I find it hard to believe that Apple would stand in the way of anything that encourages people to buy an Apple TV.

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎01-24-2016 05:09 PM
Hi everyone, I hope my comments help to alleviate some pressure from both sides. I hope Belkin WEMOs become part of the HomeKit family too, but: First, it seems like Belkin is working hard on upgrading and improving their WEMO products. Proof is in this last app update - it has made a world of difference. Thanks Belkin, that leads me to believe you haven't given up on us. Second, based on the HomeKit stuff I already have, it seems HomeKit is directed through hardware. A firmware update (software) will not make things HomeKit compatible. HOWEVER the simple addition of a WEMO bridge (a hardware device which speaks to your existing WEMOs) could easily make your existing products HomeKit accessible. I could just imagine the hoops the folks at Belkin would need to jump through to get this ratified by Apple (they have a lot of different WEMOs). Needless to say the flaming hoops they have to go through to mod their code for HomeKit. Oh, let's not forget the red tape. Anyway. Let's keep showing interest and support for HomeKit... and keep our words kind. I'm sure they're trying their best. GO BELKIN! GO WEMO! Good luck with Apple and HomeKit!!
by lauriloo
on ‎01-24-2016 06:16 PM
Fortunately, a little effort and a spare computer enabled me to get WeMos on HomeKit to tide me over. We are all rooting for WeMo. We just want Belkin to understand what the priorities for us are.
by sgorneau
‎01-26-2016 06:56 AM - edited ‎01-26-2016 06:58 AM

I have Homebridge setup on a Mac Mini ... took all of 10 minutes to get everything installed and configured. Then using the Home app (in iOS) I am now controlling my WeMo devices (3 switches, 3 outlets) and have created Zones, Scenes, and Triggers using two NetCam HD+ cams for motion detection along with the usual triggers (time, chracteristics, etc.) And I can control all the devices and scenes with Siri or right from Notification Center in iOS. And with an AppleTV gen 4 in the house ... this works off my network. It really works very well and would recommend giving it a shot.

by lauriloo
on ‎01-26-2016 08:09 AM
How are you using an Apple TV with it? When I try to use Siri commands with the new Apple TV nothing happens but it works great with an iPhone or apple watch
by sgorneau
on ‎01-26-2016 11:13 AM

The AppleTV itself does not issue commands to HomeKit environments (yet, anyway). But, as long as the AppleTV and the iOS device are signed into the same iCloud account, the AppleTV can act as an out-of-network relay of sorts. You still have to interface with your app or Siri in iOS, but AppleTV acts as the bridge when you are no longer on your wifi network.