WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo and Apple Homekit integration

by Mjrgab on ‎07-15-2015 07:12 PM
I think all ios Wemo user want HomeKit integration. We want to use Siri for control our wemo device.
Comments
by vadhopper
on ‎10-30-2015 02:39 PM

Yes!

by Expert
on ‎10-31-2015 12:21 PM

@vadhopper

We are currently in conversations with Apple, but no specifics have been finalized at this point. Stay tuned for updates.

Ann_18678
WEMO Technical Support

by Kirk212
on ‎11-04-2015 08:50 PM
I was looking into updating my Hue hub, but would prefer to stick with Wemo please give us some reassurance that HomeKit is coming so I can hold up on updating the Hue hub. Please!!!
by Eric182
on ‎11-09-2015 09:58 AM
If and when homekit compatibility comes to fruition, will it be just a matter of a firmware upgrade or would we have to buy all new stuff?
by Jimbo866
on ‎11-19-2015 07:05 AM

Im going to buy my first iDevice switch today to see if I like Homekit. I'd hate to replace all my WeMo switches because of the lack of updates with WeMo ! What a Waste of money !!!!!!!

by JFG3rd
on ‎11-21-2015 01:41 AM
I had purchased quite a few WEMO products, in the expectation that this would eventually be a HomeKit environment! We need to understand if Belkin is heading in that (the correct) direction or not. The products are by no way cheap and also not pretty. So we need some assentive.
by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎12-08-2015 09:21 AM
Eric182 and JFG3rd, at the very minimum it would require a bridge to support HomeKit, but most likely current products will never work with home kit.
by Marcityme
on ‎12-08-2015 05:21 PM
We also need an app for the Apple TV 4. I use it most of the Ike now especially when I have guest over. So it would be nice to control music, Wemo, & movies on one device. Great entertaining.....
by Thomas
on ‎12-11-2015 10:35 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea. Would love that
by iSkippy
on ‎12-16-2015 10:30 AM

@sunatnnedmonk There's a project on GitHub called Homebridge that links current WeMo hardware to HomeKit. I got it working for a bit on my iMac running OS X El Capitan, but had a few difficulties after that. Ideally, it'd be nice to have it run on something like a Raspberry Pi, which would be nicer than having to leave my iMac on all the time. That said, this software is able to get existing WeMo devices connected to HomeKit, so it's possible a small and hopefully inexpensive hardware bridge made by Belkin could bring our current devices to HomeKit. I, myself, am really itching for it, having added a second WeMo Light Switch to my existing lineup of a Light Switch and a Switch & Motion.