WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo dimmer scenes

by hillsy85 on ‎06-06-2017 09:49 AM

Having waited patiently for and purchased 5 Wemo dimmer switches for my house, while I love the basic functionality of them, I am a little disappointed in the lack of "scenes" within the Wemo App that could be triggered by Alexa / IFFT functions.

For example, I want to be able to say "Alexa, turn on/trigger evening lights" and that would turn on dimmer A, B and C to preset dim percentages, or "Alexa, trigger bedtime" which would turn off all lights except the bedroom light.

I would like to think that smarter people than I are already working on this and will be in a future update, but if not... WHY NOT!?

Comments
by capricorn_one
‎04-08-2018 01:43 PM - edited ‎04-08-2018 01:45 PM

Bump. Bump. Bump.

Made the same mistake buying 3 WEMO dimmers assuming this would obviously be in their software. Honestly, why have automated dimmers if you can only control one at at a time? As I google different solutions it always comes back to WEMO hasn't provided support for this yet. As a programmer and electrical engineer, it's enfuriating knowing how easy to implement this would be. In addition, people have been asking about this for 2 years now. Get it together Belkin.