WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Wemo "button"

by SkylarDryden on ‎01-01-2018 12:32 PM

I think that Belkin should create a wemo "button". I use my mini smart plugs to control many lamps throughout my house and sometimes it would be just faster to push a physical button rather than to open my phone and wait for the wemo application to load and remotely toggle it. 

Comments
by WayneH
on ‎01-01-2018 07:56 PM

Hmm, my mini smart plug has a physical button that also lights up when the device is on.

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎01-03-2018 01:50 PM

Putting aside that the belkin wemo line appears to be stagnant and they don't seem to be taking requests... what do you think they'd charge for such a thing?  Most are charnging $30 to $130 for stand alone switches.

Grab a low end PayGo android phone from bestbuy for $30 (no need to activate it).  Install WemoHome (or an add supported competitor) or go all out and install AutomationManager.  Put one or more "toggle" widgets on the home screen.  Bingo, a configurable, upgradeable, rechargeable "physical" switch.  Scatter them around your home for easy access.  Doesn't matter if you're an apple user, they work independently.

I use one mounted my kitchen counter wall (with doublesided tape) for individual control of what would otherwise be 4 cabinet lights working from a single switch.  Another tablet is a central console for date, time, weather, headlines, security system status, wifi cameras, and all automatic lights in the house.

No need to further lock oneself into a proprietary hardware solution.

by azjerry
on ‎01-03-2018 02:20 PM

+1 on Mike's suggestion.