WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Wemo switch schedule a restart

by Matsauce on ‎11-08-2018 07:11 AM

Currently there is a bug (Somewhere) in either the switch itself or the app. I am not sure.  But After a few weeks of the app working and controlling the switches the app then decides to say the switches are not detected.  The only way for me to get everything working again is to restart each switch manually.  Anyway it would be helpful, to me at least, if we could have a weekly schedule to turn on to restart the hardware at a specific time.  This in my opinion would keep the hardware and software inside the hardware fresh for continuous use.  

Thoughts?

Comments
by aottke
on ‎11-09-2018 08:26 AM
Yes! I just came to ask that there be a manual or schedulable restart as well as some integration with Shortcuts for iOS. I was shocked to find no way to restart through the app. The whole reason I bought this was for a remote restart for WiFi and the modem. And I wanted to connect with Siri in shortcuts to just tell Siri, reset Internet or WiFi or whatever, and presto. But since the device loses WiFi when shut off, a specific restart function is necessary compared to the on/off only options. Then everything will eventually reconnect as it comes back on. And it should be easy to do since it restarts itself during a firmware update remotely as it is...