WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wireless Keypad for Local Use

by Broo2 on ‎01-02-2015 12:59 PM

I am looking for something similar to the keypad remotes used with x10/SkyLinkHome systems that provide a physical on/off switch that can be placed by a nightstand (or stuck to a wall with some versions) to trigger events.  In my particular case, I have two lamps in my bedroom and I would like to press a button (or two) on my nightstand instead of opening the app, waiting for it to connect, etc.

I do have my WeMo devices integrated into a SmartThings hub so I may be able to use a GE Wireless keypad controller (#45631) to trigger the WeMo devices, but that would make be dependant on my SmartThings hub (and their server) being online.

I don't think Belkin offers such a device at this time.  Has anyone had a similar situation and figured out another option?

Comments
by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎01-04-2015 11:23 AM

Have a look on google play at the alternative wemo apps, you may find what you need in one of them.

by harrihiker
on ‎01-20-2015 08:23 AM

I'm looking for a way to do this as well. 

I'm most interested in linking a switch with the wemo smart led bulb

I guess it seems counter intuitive to take a smart device and control it with a dumb switch... But My less geeky wife is not going to put up with digging out her Iphone and loading an app to turn on our lights.

by WEMO Maker Inventor
on ‎01-20-2015 04:50 PM

You don't need to use a dumb switch, set up a low end tablet or phone for less than what you'd pay for a "dedicated" smart hub or even a wemo switch that you don't wire to anything.  Stick it to the wall beside, over, or in place of the physical switch.  Use one of the apps on Google with widgets you can use to control your wemo's (single touch icons you can place on your tablet's home screen).  You'll have your very own upgradeable multifunction home automation center  With the right custom images you can even make it look like an old fashion light switch Smiley Happy.