WEMO Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

With Google Home Coming Online...

by WeMop on ‎10-08-2016 06:50 AM
I hope you guys can revive your support for your Belkin hardware.
The mediocre app can be dealt with by Google or a 3rd party dev (if u allow it) but let's get the switches, lightbulbs, and cams ready for the big cheese won't you?

I know you didn't take the Echo seriously even though it's sold like hotcakes and most people who use it (myself amongst that) find it works great with your switches.

Now if you don't take Amazon seriously (even when they advertised you front and center on their pages), maybe Google coming online will get your attention that your products need some tweaking to be ready for the IoT prime time.
Comments
by Newtown
on ‎10-09-2016 01:51 AM

Well written. It's exactly how I feel too. Who knows, Belkin may be planning to release their own voice controlled home thing? 

by mdhobizal
on ‎12-30-2016 04:15 PM

Belkin announced Google Home integration recently. But still just "Coming soon". How long do we have to wait?

I dont understand Belkin not putting money and R&D into their products. They have not released any new products and the products they were supposed to release at CES the other year never appeared. It's like they are slowly abandoning WeMo.

by richardw
on ‎01-07-2017 07:53 PM
I was heavily involved with the technical alliance committees for technologies like HomePlug, HomePNA, Wi-Fi, etc. The big name companies put a lot of money and effort into the technologies to make them succeed. A lot of small companies join the alliance just to tag along on the coatails of the big boys. Belkin is that type of company. They don't invest a lot into R&D, engineering, or support. The Linksys brand quality dropped after being acquired from Cisco. Remember the keyboards? They are pretty good at importing cheap cables and accessories from China. Everything they have ever made is lesser quality than the competition. Support has always been poor. They aren't a leading company. They take other people's ideas and try to duplicate it for much less, always falling short of expectations.