WEMO Maker

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Schedule

Hi

i bought a new Wemo starter pack today link +2globes. All the set up works fine ie connecting to router, turning lights on /off via app etc. However, I set up an away schedule for the lights to come on at 730 pm and turn off at 11pm. The schedule shows active but the lights did NOT come on!! I am very disappointed .

are you able to assist please?

Re: Schedule

I found out that the rules break, if you change the name of a device after creating the tool (even though the rule will now show the new device name).  In my case, all I had to do was edit the rule, and re-save, to make it start working again.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hello dwallace

There has always been confusion about how the away rule works, so maybe that's your problem.

The away rule switches your WeMo on and off at random times between the start and stop times you set so if it's connected to a light it will give the impression of occupancy whilst you are away from home.

Sometimes the WeMo may switch on precisely at the start time you set and sometimes it won't. If you want your light to come on and then go off at specific times then you need to use the ordinary timer rule rather than the away rule. I hope this helps.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for the quick reply and assistance.  It makes sense!.  

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I have noted your advice.