Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No Notification and App Crashes After Latest Updates

Phone: Nexus 5X

Android: 8.1

Wemo App: 1.22 (191)

WeMo Insight

I believe this started with the 1.21 update but could have been the one before.  I no longer recieve notifications for the rule I have setup.  The events are showing up in the log properly but I am not getting a notification.  The app also seems to crash when a notification should happen but I can't say this happens on every occurance.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app and deleting/rewriting the rule.  Nothing has worked so far.

Was functioning perfectly prior to this latest round of app updates. 

This needs to be fixed.

Re: No Notification and App Crashes After Latest Updates

@persim

Hi there! If you have another handheld device running on another Android version, using it would help us isolate the setback. You may also try to temporarily disable the notifications and remote access. Once done, restart the handheld device and re-enable those features. Using the IFTTT feature could be good shot and see if it will push through any notifications of the rules set on the unit. If no-go, resetting the Wemo Insight Switch and re-creating the rules could be fresh start to do.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Tested using a tablet that had Android 7.0.  Notifications worked fine.

I disabled notifications and remote access on the phone.  Rebooted and then turned them back on.  Notifications did not work.

Did not do the IFTTT feature because I know Insight is working and pushing notifications to a 7.0 device.

At the very least you have a bug with 8.1 devices.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@persim

Noted. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Support Team assist you further on this. Do include providing us your phone number, community username, and the link to this thread for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support