WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Remote Access not working

@willbradfan & Scottb721,

Try powercycling your WEMO devices or the unit that is currently not detected and observe if there are any changes. You may also try uninstalling and re-installing the WEMO App, then try if you can disable and re-enable the remote access. If none of those worked for you, send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Support Team assist you further. Please include your phone number, location, community username, and the link to this post for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Jo-Ann,

I have already tried all of the things you have listed in your forum post and have had no success in fixing the remote access issue. I have also sent an email to WemoCares@belkin.com. 

Best Regards,

Will

What is the typical response time to be expected via email? I'm still within my return window and I am very tempted to return it to go with the tp-link equivalent since there hasn't been any email acknowledgement. 

Will

Same issue here...

I’m using Google Wifi. Any idea of a resolution?

After changing SSID, and needing to reconfigure all 6 of my mini-plug from scratch because Wemo does not provide a simple way to mass update, my system seemed to be working OK.

A day later (today), when I was out of the house, I tried to turn on one of the mini-plugs remotely. All 6 did not work remotely Smiley Sad

I came here looking for a solution. Here's what I did to get it to work. First I should mention that the SSID change I made was th setup a separate SSID for 2.4 GHZ to get a particular device to work (was not a Wemo).

To get remote access back, I unplugged the Wemos, insured that my iPhone was connected to the 2.4 GHz AP.

I then plugged in one of the Wemos  while holding the power button in for a few seconds. Then I waited about a minute until the Wemo device connected to the app.

I then turned off my WiFi and waited until the Wemo showed connected, and toggled it to be sure it worked.

I repeated this for each of the other 5. All seem to be working remotely now.

So tired of WEMO repeated issues!

I am having the same issue with mcheryl . It works perfectly fine with wifi but if I am on cellular data it wouldn't let me control anything.

@Andysit,

Have you tried the workaround provided by ? If you haven't, you may give it a try to see if that will work. If it won't, please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the link to this community thread for reference and with the following details so that we can endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers.

• Full name
  • username
  • phone number
  • state/country
  • Wemo device firmware and model number
  • Wemo app and mobile OS version

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

As the title says, remote access is not able to work after changing routers, network name/password and resetting/reconnecting each of my 5 Wemo smartplugs in my home. So frustrating.

@Reil_C wrote:

Hi, amulyono. Since you have reset the router, you have to reset and reconfigure the Wemo devices even if the Wi-Fi settings are the same. However, this time, do not toggle the option "Remember Wi-Fi Settings" in setting up the Wemo devices. After doing so, try to enable Remote Access again. Then, unlink and relink the Wemo devices to Google Assistant. Disable and enable the Wemo Skill in the Alexa app as well. Hope this helps.

Great, but the Alexa app will not let me disable/enable Wemo skill without activating Remote Access first within the Wemo App.