WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo can't connect after power outage

Well it looks like I spoke too soon! After testing a few more times it appears the Wemo Light Switch does not reliably reconnect to wifi after an outage even when forced to 20Mhz.

Today I purchased a Leviton Switch and that reconnects to wifi without issue. Going to stick with that.

Had a power outage at home and now all Wemo devices are not detected in the app. Internet is working because I can see other items (cameras). Away mode says currently active but no wemos detected. What can I do remotely since we are traveling? I have 2 networks, can I change the Wemo network remotely to the other one? Alexa app says the switch is off.

@Lorbaj wrote:
Had a power outage at home and now all Wemo devices are not detected in the app. Internet is working because I can see other items (cameras). Away mode says currently active but no wemos detected. What can I do remotely since we are traveling? I have 2 networks, can I change the Wemo network remotely to the other one? Alexa app says the switch is off.

Yikes! We need to know the status of the LED indicator of the Wemo devices so that we can identify the behavior. For isolation, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the Wemo app, and make sure to install the latest app version. Afterwards, let's see if that'll make any changes. You can also try to disable and re-enable the remote access feature on the app. 

Please take note that we may need to ask someone from your home to powercycle the Wemo devices to refresh its connection. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

Yikes!!! Don't reinstall the app!

If you reinstall the app while you're away you'll loose access to your wemos completely.  Belkin support hasn't really thought this through properly... and I guess they expect you to use your cameras to see the wemo LEDs Smiley Wink.

If you can access your router you might try restarting it, or disable/enable it's wifi.  Otherwise you're SOL till you get back.

I have to second Belkin's recommendation - if you depend on belkin's cloud to control your wemos while you travel you MUST leave someone "home alone" to manage them for you Smiley Happy. In fact if you hire someone full time you could give them a clock to work the timers/schedule rules and even turn the lights on and off for you by listening to your voice commands.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

I want to use an Insight Smart Plug to remotely control an electric radiator in a room at a place in the Sierra where power loss is not uncommon.

After a power down and up sequence, is the plug state:

• "on" if the plug was"on" before,
  • or "off" if the plug was "off" before,
  • or always "off"regardless of previous state,
  • or random?

I understand that the plug state may not remotely visible and that the remote connection may not be re-established.

Thank you