WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Widget font is black

I have an LG V30. The font on all my widgets and icons are white. All my WEMO widgets suddenly appeared with a black font making it impossible to read the names of the devices. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Any advice?

Re: Widget font is black

Hello Jay1This seems a bit odd, may I know the OS version of your phone? Try to reboot your handheld device and make sure you are using the latest version of the Wemo app. Let us know how it goes.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Thank you for your help. I have rebooted a few times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the WeMo app to ensure that I have the latest version.

I'm running Android 8.0.0

@Jay1

You may have installed a theme for your phone which may have caused it. If yes, try to change it back to its default theme to observe. Are your other widgets' font also changed? If you have a different handheld device, try to check if the same thing appears.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I didn't install any new themes. I've had the same theme the entire time I've had this phone. The change in font color just happened suddenly. The font color of other widgets have not changed. The font color on every other app and widget icon is white. I tried changing themes to see if it would fix things but the font for WeMo widgets always appears black. I cleared all the data from the app, uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, restarted the phone again, and created widgets. None of this worked.

[ Edited ]

@Jay1

Thanks for the update. We'll relay this concern to our Product Management Team. We'll get back to you if we get an update. For additional documentation, please provide us a screenshot of the widget's font that turned into black.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Screenshot_2018-12-27-10-32-42.png

Thank you!

Hi, Jay1. Apologies for the confusion. We thought that you mean that the WEMO App's icon name turned black. WEMO does not have a widget. Do you remember installing a Third Party App that will create a widget for the WEMO App to appear on the Home page of your phone? You may try tweaking that Third Party App's settings.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

A bit odd when Wemo support don't even know their own product! The Android Wemo app has always had widgets!!

Anyway, same thing here, the text label is black, possibly since the last update.