WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Can't connect WEMO Mini to Apple Home app

So I never contacted the Escalation Engineers but I was able to connect the Mini outlet to my Apple Home app. The problem was the different frequencies that the outlet and my iPhone were connecting to my WiFi router with. As I mentioned previously, the outlet was using the 2.4GHz radio and my iPhone was on the 5GHz radio. Since I didn't want to temporarily turn off the 5GHz radio I simply reduced the radio's power output from 100% to 20%. This change was enough for my iPhone to switch over to the 2.4GHz radio. Once I confirmed my iPhone was operating at 2.4GHz, I was able to complete the connection process using the WEMO app. After checking that the Home app now saw the outlet I restored the 5GHz radio to 100% power output and my iPhone is back to using the 5GHZ radio.

I have to say that this is the first Homekit "compatible" device that I've had this issue with. Even though I know the trick to getting it to work, I'm not sure I'd buy another one. Maybe I'm wrong, but to expect everyone who buys one of these to have the knowledge to access their routers WiFi settings seems a bit much. Bottom line is it works now but it's a hassle to setup.

I am having the same problem. I’ve connected to 2.4ghz on both smart plug and iPhone

Welp
After about three hours of fumbling around, resetting this device and that device, removing and reinstalling and factory resetting everything, I stumbled upon making it work.
If you have a mesh network, you may run into problems. I suspect it has something to do with the software authentication for HomeKit l, but I ultimately had to turn off all my wifi signals apart from the original router signal (on 2.4ghz), and HomeKit finally connected to my WeMo.

Latest version of app from google play.  unable to determine version on plug as you can NEVER properly get through the set-up process.  App constantly reboots even when following instructions to switch wi-fi networks. I've got three of these and NONE can be connected because the APP just reboots over and over on Android 8.0.0.

Hi, dustingannon. Can you tell us which step in the setup process you are having a challenge? What do you mean by "the app just reboots over and over"? Please consider the following
▪ uninstall and reinstall the Wemo app
▪ follow Scenario 1 in this guide to reset the smart plug for a fresh start
▪ set up each plug one at a time (turn off the plug if it's not yet its turn)
▪ make sure that you are connecting the smart plugs to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network
▪ as a workaround, also try setting up the plugs using another handheld device

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

I don't even know what that means.

"I ultimately had to turn off all my wifi signals apart from the original router signal (on 2.4ghz)"