WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Can't link WeMo to Google Home

Hello,

I am not sure if this problem still persists with other's that have expressed their issue about not being able to link their WeMo device to their Google Home.

I am having trouble myself today, 12/11/2018.  I tried following all the steps from the Belkin WeMo support https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=224185 and when I get to the part where the WeMo app asks me if it has found my WeMo device, I click on "Yes, that's my WeMo".  I then get a new error message telling me there's a problem.  Suggests to ensure "Remote Access" is enabled.  Which it is, I checked.  I've tried this procedure several times but it's not working.  Getting a bit disappointed here in this Smart Home configuration stuff.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the error message to this message too for reference.Screenshot_20181211-161257.png

Can anyone here shed some light or assist me please?  Thanks in advance.

-Derek

Re: Can't link WeMo to Google Home

Hi derektem. Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling your Wemo app? Have you tried relocating your Wemo device to a spot closer to your router just for setup purposes? If you haven't, please do so. BTW, what's the OS version of the handheld device you are using for setup? Also, are you using the latest version of the Wemo app? Give feedback after.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Hi @Mark_C, The Wemo app is the latest Android version, 1.21 (170) and it is running on Android 9 with security patch level December 5, 2018 (build number PQ1A 181205.006).  My smart device that the Wemo app is running on is the Google Pixel 3 phone.

When I tried to do this linking activity, I had my phone right next to the Wemo Mini Smart Plug, just a few inches away.

Last night the Wemo app also was updated with the latest firmware version WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2.

After successful firmward upgrade, I did try to link Wemo to Google Home again, but the attempt was unsuccessful.

FYI: My router at home is Google WiFi mesh environment.

I will give it a try today to relocate the Wemo Mini Smart Plug to be right next to the Google Wifi router and link again and see what happens.

Thanks, 

-Derek

Expert

@derektem

Please do so. Also, make sure that you are connected to the 2.4Ghz network when doing the configuration. Reboot your network devices and check again. We'll wait for your observations.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

@Reynadlo_P:

I resetted my mini plug yesterday back to factory default.  Uninstalled the Wemo app on my Pixel 3 phone.  Followed the steps again to setup the mini plug, this time though, I selected the guest SSID of my Google Wifi Mesh, which only operates in 2.4 GHz frequency.  The setup of the mini plug was successful.  I tested it out via the Wemo app to switch on and off the plug which has a lamp plugged into it.  The light came on and off as expected.

I then proceeded to link Wemo to Google Home.  Unfortunately, when I got to the step in this process where the oauth.xwemo.com:8443... webpage says it's found my Wemo, I tap on "Yes, it's my Wemo", the next page follows with the same error message, Sorry, there's a problem with activation.

I am stuck now unsure of what is the problem.  I don't have access to any logs or diagnostic messages to review or even collect to provide you (if there is a way, please let me know and I am happy to collect it for you to further analyze).  What else can we do here?

Thanks, -Derek

Expert

@derektem

We'd like to have our Escalation Engineers assist you from here. Upon checking your record, you already sent an email. We'll have them take it from here. Keep checking your email.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Hi @Reynaldo_P, thanks for your update.  I will keep an eye on my email inbox from Wemo/Belkin support in the coming days.  Thanks!  -Derek

Just adding my two cents. I am having identical issues with my Wemo Mini plugs as well. Setup and usage within the Wemo app goes normally, but it will not will not authorize with the Google assistant even after resetting all devices and apps.

@DHMech

What firmware is the WEMO Mini currently running on? Try to also make sure that Google Home is also updated. Are there any error messages that you've encountered? You may provide us a screenshot. 

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Wemo connecting to Assistant

Here is everything that should be relevant. I have reinstalled each app twice, and no other settings have changed anywhere since initial setup months ago.