WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Can't link WeMo to Google Home

Hey @DHMech,

You're not alone here.  I reviewed your screenshots and I am on the same boat.  Trying to resolve this with WeMo technical support and Google Home technical support now.  Hopefully if I can get this resolved, I will update again here to share what was the problem and fix.  Thanks.

@DHMech 

Can you tell us the LED status of the device? Also, you may try to use another handheld device to isolate the case. If this won't work, we would like to have our Product Experts assist you further on this. Please email us at BelkinCares@belkin.com the following details so we can create a case for you:

-Phone Number

-Link to this community thread

-User Name

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same issue.

I have the following equipment setup:

Google OnHub (Latest Firmware 10718.111.0)

Google Pixel 2 XL (Android 9.0)

Two WeMo Smart Plugs

My phone can control the plugs using the WeMo app but as soon as I try to link to Google Home application and it trys to register my devices at https://oauth.xwemo.com:8443 I get an error 'Sorry, there is a problem with the activation.' and 'Please make sure you are on your home Wi-Fi network, "Remote Access" is enabled and try again.'

My phone and the WeMo are both connected to the same WiFi network as verified by connected devices on the Google WiFi application.

The weird thing is that it was all working fine around two months ago and recently "broke".

Expert

Hello jkfweb,

What have you tried so far in trying to resolve the issue? Were you able to go through the steps/workarounds provided by other moderators?

Try rebooting your network devices and integrate it once again. Should the issue persist, send us an email so we can have our Escalation Engineers look into this further.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Anyone solve this issue?

@Pctechkc,

Are you able to control your Wemo devices through the Wemo app? Did you encounter any error message when trying to link the Wemo devices to Google Home? Please try to reboot your network devices and try to link the Wemo device to Google Home. Please make sure that remote access is enabled on your Wemo app.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

I reset my router, my phone, and the wemo device with no luck.

Now I get a message 'We can't verify your home network'. and tells me to try again in 10 minutes.

I just purchased a Google Home Hub and am having this exact same problem. Same error message after inputting network name and MAC address and turning the switch on and off within the two-minute limit. It recognized the device I was using, but then: "Sorry, there was a problem with the activation."

Phone: Pixel XL running Android 9. I have five WeMo devices (two light switches, three outlets); all five work fine with Alexa. My Sensi Thermostat works with both Google and Alexa. It's only the WeMo/Google issue described above that's causing me problems.

This happened about a year ago when I had a beta version of Android but seemed to work fine when we activated with my wifes older OS phone.

I am pretty sure this is because WEMO is bad at updating their software in a timely fashion.

It eventually resolved itself after an update but it seems like the same kind of symptons.

If you notice all of the people in this thread have Android 9.

Let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this further, jkfweb. To proceed, please send an email to WemoCares@belkin.com with the following information
▪ your username and link to this post for reference
▪ firmware version of the Wemo devices
▪ Wemo app version
▪ your name
▪ city/state
▪ phone number

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support